• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

Here are some Screens of our Teaser map guys :) More updates to come

doggreen1cp4.jpg

doggreen2vf9.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One of the things Rommel wanted to do was throw tanks in 'penny packets' against the beachheads but he was over-ruled, to say nothing of strafed by an allied fighter. It was decided instead to concentrate Panzer forces for a concerted attack.

Of course, due to air interdiction and a variety of other factors this massed attack never happened.

Upvote 0
no Tigers in the map at all.

We are waiting for the 88 model and for it to be coded, So until then I just added a Tiger in the 88 bunker, to give people an idea of what they will encounter once on the beach.

There are also a 50mm and 75mm bunkers around the Vierville draw to overcome. plus MG Tobruks and MG bunkers in and around the draw and cliffs.

Everything is where it is supposed to be and made to look as authentic as we could.

Upvote 0
so no tanks at all on D Day? i thought there were tanks but not a full division because the officers were *****in about who would get the tanks on what spot so hitler told them to stfu and he gave a few to the gen. on normandy and the others to the other gen.
No tanks on omaha, the dd shermans got swamped coming in, the two that made it ashore got shot up instantly. There were tanks on all the other beaches. This is arguably the primary reason why omaha was so bloody.

Not sure about the german side though...X_X Misinterpreted your question.

Upvote 0
One thing you guys should think about for the beach maps is a way to stop the germans from getting on the beach. It really spoils the historical game experience.
We'll probably put in some sort of minefield thuggery.
Can you give a link to the thread or explain to me why it wouldn't work?
If we can't get 64 Players we'll have loads of BOTs to compensate, as many as possible ;)

Upvote 0