Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Michael Wittmann+

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 21, 2006
UK
www.freewebs.com
Yeh or WN as me and Excocet call them ;)
Sure we can share equipment that would be cool :D Some of the stuff that we're going to be making for darkest hour would work a mint with other mods aswell and I'd love to see it deployed in other theatres.

Harb

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2006
London
Yeh or WN as me and Excocet call them ;)

WN?

*7GA* Nestor Makhno222252 said:
MN DH and CC will have a lot of crossovers:

Italian and early German equipment used in both MN and CC, Allied equipment used in MN and DH. Some German equipment in CC that may be used in DH etc etc.

Maybe a gentleman's agreement to share equipment between mods?

I am sure once both CC and DH have developed more content something could be arranged. Although it would have to be more than a gentleman's agreement imo :p Such as when AF and CI started to discuss joining/sharing to form MN.

Bloomin 'eck...all these darned abreviations :D

tankman24

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 14, 2006
Miami Fl
www.darkesthourgame.com
Nestor to answer your question. Darkest hour is the meaning of all those americans that lost their lifes in that beach and the strugle they went through just the firts hour of that day. I mean when those ramps went down it was total chaos some dint even made it to the water alive got hit by mg fire in the higgins boat :(. .

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
Thank you guys for clearing that up. Hopefully the Canadians, the Free French and the British airborne will be given some re-enactment of their roles that day (possibly even the partisans).

Ouistreham?

Rex

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2005
New York, NY
H-Hour, D-Day was very dark for a lot of reasons. It also has a double meaning which you won't see revealed until a later release ;)

well you see, H-Hour, D-Day was actually quite dark in a literal sense, as a large cloud obscured the sun causing eclipse-like conditions. In fact, this is why the Americans were able to achieve a beachhead againts the vastly superior German forces, who not only had the greatest weapons ever developed, but were also armed with Nordic Telepathy, a secret communication system being developed by german scientists. I assure you this peculiar weather effect, which is the only reason the germans were defeated, will be represented in the map, which will have an alternate title of DH-BlackHoleSun. Realism first!

Harb

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 16, 2006
London
but were also armed with Nordic Telepathy, a secret communication system being developed by german scientists.

Damn them and their infernal meddling with nature...:mad:

I also have a rare picture from a BBC interview with the Lead Scientist that was conducted deep in his underground laboratory.

fraggle20rock2041sw3.jpg

Moz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
well you see, H-Hour, D-Day was actually quite dark in a literal sense, as a large cloud obscured the sun causing eclipse-like conditions. In fact, this is why the Americans were able to achieve a beachhead againts the vastly superior German forces, who not only had the greatest weapons ever developed, but were also armed with Nordic Telepathy, a secret communication system being developed by german scientists. I assure you this peculiar weather effect, which is the only reason the germans were defeated, will be represented in the map, which will have an alternate title of DH-BlackHoleSun. Realism first!

I lol'd

lold-44854.jpg

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
I demand sources!!! :mad: Have you got a transcript of the BBC interview? ;)

Maybe the mod can split out the 'Why Darkest Hour?' section of this thread cos, whilst it is funny as feck, it's kinda hijacking the main topic.

Which was never my intention.

...nah, really.

=GG= Mr Moe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Newton, NJ
MN DH and CC will have a lot of crossovers:

Italian and early German equipment used in both MN and CC, Allied equipment used in MN and DH. Some German equipment in CC that may be used in DH etc etc.

Maybe a gentleman's agreement to share equipment between mods?.......

Not a bad idea, if all agreed. I see all those teams bringing us something great and wish them all the best in doing so.

Afterburner

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2006
The one thing I miss from CoD:UO is the American team. I love my Garand. When this mod come sout I will be able to finally uninstall all other games...