• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour mod released on Steam for Red Orchestra - RO sale!

[TW]schneidzekk

Machete Engineering.
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
ATL
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Tripwire Interactive is happy to announce the release Darkest Hour: Europe 1944-45, the latest total conversion mod for Red Orchestra: Ostfront to be released on Steam. Darkest Hour is free to all those who own Red Orchestra and can be simply downloaded and installed through Steam. Darkest Hour finally brings the Americans to Red Orchestra, focusing on the beaches of Normandy, Operation Market-Garden, the Battle of the Bulge and on into the Reich. Featuring airborne parachute drops and late war German and Allied tanks Darkest Hour brings an all new style of gameplay to Red Orchestra. A trailer is available on Steam here along with screenshots and other information on the Mod's Steam page. Now you can play as American, British or Canadian troops, with a huge range of additional features:

• More than 20 new infantry weapons, such as the ever-distinctive Garand, M1 Carbine, .30-cal, Bren, FG42, Thomson and the Enfield rifles
  • American Bazooka, British PIAT and German Panzerschreck to go tank-hunting with
  • New infa ntry features, including Airborne drops onto the battlefield, bullet suppression and supersonic cracks, plus a new radioman class for calling in artillery strikes
  • Over a dozen new crewable vehicles including the King Tiger and JagdPanther for the Germans, countered with multiple types of Sherman in 75mm, 76mm and 17-pounder versions, plus the Cromwell, M10 Wolverine and Achilles
  • 11 new maps, including:
    • Juno Beach - Canadians storming the beaches in classic D-Day action
    • Carentan - the US 101st Airborne assaults the town shortly after D-Day
    • Brecourt - 101st Airborne attempt to put a key German artillery battery out of commission behind the beaches
    • Ginkel Heath - British paras drop into a hotly-contested LZ at the start of Operation Market-Garden
    • Wacht-am-Rhein - sweeping tank combat during the Battle of the Bulge, including the fearsome King Tiger
    • Stoumont - American infantry and armor try and hold back the SS PanzerGrenadiers in the streets of the Ardennes town
So whether it is the Normandy campaign, para-jumping onto the dropzones around Arnhem or the bitter fighting in the Battle of the Bulge, new and old players alike will get a chance to see why RO remains a classic. Now with the opportunity to re-play those battles RO-style, courtesy of Darkest Hour: Europe 1944-45! For more information on the mod (and to see the trailer) head for the Steam page.

And, just to ensure that everyone gets a chance to see Red Orchestra on the Western Front, we are dropping the price of RO on Steam to $4.99 right through until the end of the weekend (Sunday 14th June). For the full details and history of the mod, head for their own web page: [url]http://www.darkesthourgame.com[/URL]

messed that up as well, but i got it to work....some of my buddies are still having some difficulty getting it to work because of that.

anyways, the game is simply awesome. 100% improvement. i will be playing much more DH nowadays. only thing i ask is that some of the good maps from 2.0 will be able to be released for 3.0.

the RO sale on top of it, more great exposure for TW and this community.

btw, very smart advertising TW by announcing through the much larger and active KF Steam group ;)

Upvote 0
OK - right now we neeed more servers to set up - all the servers using the correct files are full. there are a few servers using the pre-release files which will not work.

use hldstool update and add -command update -game DarkestHour plus your -dir for the game

Been there, done that! Seems like everybody wants to play on the 50 player servers, 24 and 32 player servers will not fill up, and so are not worth renting.
I don't see the latest release changing that.

Upvote 0
When I look for a server to play on, I generally look at map first, then number of players, then ping. Smaller servers are just fine as long as they are not empty. I usually don't have much time to play when I do, and the thought of spending my only available hour to game trying to seed an empty server usually doesn't appeal to me. :) In those cases, I will go to a server with players already on it, 32 or 50 player limits...

Upvote 0
When I look for a server to play on, I generally look at map first, then number of players, then ping. Smaller servers are just fine as long as they are not empty. I usually don't have much time to play when I do, and the thought of spending my only available hour to game trying to seed an empty server usually doesn't appeal to me. :) In those cases, I will go to a server with players already on it, 32 or 50 player limits...

Thats exactly what im saying, you rent a 32 player server ,and day after day, hour after hour, you sit there trying to seed it,and nobody comes on, while the 50 player servers are always full.
So my advice to anybody renting a server is to go for a 50 slot, if you can afford it!

Upvote 0
I installed it and get this message when i try to launch:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2011 MHz with 2046MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (8585)

Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file 'Entry'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I deleted the folder manually before installing. WTF

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0