• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour March Press Release: Release Date

Great work, looking forward to the release :)

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but I thought you and the MN team were sharing some stuff(models/textures etc?), think I recall reading that a while back. So how come you've made another Bren gun? Then again I might just be making stuff up (which seems to happen way too often). ;)

We aren't sharing anything Tman, Coyote Ninja, and myself (and many more) worked on DH and MN so there will be some crossover of stuff and names you will have seen. Andrei who works for MN kindly donated the british gear model that i had already textured for MN thats pretty much the only thing we are sharing...:D

Upvote 0
We aren't sharing anything Tman, Coyote Ninja, and myself (and many more) worked on DH and MN so there will be some crossover of stuff and names you will have seen. Andrei who works for MN kindly donated the british gear model that i had already textured for MN thats pretty much the only thing we are sharing...:D

How about the Sherman? I clearly remember a reskinned Darkest Hour's Sherman in a Mare Nostrum update. It would be a shame not the share stuff like that...

Upvote 0
The star identifies the tank for me as US even if the red marking on the front looks like a desert rat. I am very confused.

fireflymedia.jpg

Upvote 0
Kettch...the white star was the Allied symbol during the overlord campaign and beyond to help with recognition from the air....the red "Desert Rat" logo on the front is from 7th Armoured Division that fought not only in north africa but also in Normandy most notably getting pounded at Villers bocage by Michael Whittman.

The US didn't use firefly's and the reskinned sherman we did for MN was a standard M4 with a cast hull (not the box sherman variant which also existed and that we have modelled). The british also used some regular shermans which we also have skinned in game... I hope that explains it all. The firefly pictured is skinned to match a tank from the 7th Armoured Div in normandy star and all.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, This is my first post here. I used to be a hardcore Day of defeat fan since the original beta, and have been stuck on that game on and off (along with WWIIonline) for like the last 5 years.

the Original (non-source) dod had a certain charm,great maps, and feel. it seems like the original vison was tainted by the valve involvment and counterstrike player infestation..

This turned the game into a "reaction and ping contest", the weapons were ruined, and the game kinda fell into hard times i think..

This along with an aging computer got me out of gaming, UNTIL.........

Darkest hour.. This is the game i have been waiting for since i first saw saving private Ryan!
the game that i have always wished was made, No futuristic version or wwii, no reaction contest..
pure realism and the most inportant CORRECT HISTORY!

This game has inspired me to build a new monster machine, here are the specs.

Antec 900 Case.

xeon E3110 CPU, (same as E8400, but supposedly higher binned) These chips are ushally good for a 24/7 stable 4.0+ ghz.

DFI DK X38 motherboard.

G.skill 2x2gb PC-1000 ram.

Palit 8800GT 1gb ram overclocked video. (i would think about SLI in the future, but the nvidia chipset boards dont really OC well, and im only going to be running a 22" widescreen monitor.)

Samsung spinpoint F1 drives.

I want this game to run with ALL settings to the max with the highest FPS possible, ya think this will be up to the task?

I cant wait to play this game, and i cant wait to meet everyone as i am planning on being a higgins boat captain!

Upvote 0