• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dark Souls! You are already dead...

The game arrived.

I love the visuals and animations, they are really improved from Demon's Souls. The armor designs are beautiful and I'm very happy how my character turned out.

So I made a Thief, just like in Demon's Souls, and I think I'm already regretting it, cause the game is trolling me hard, but that goes away every time I do a successful riposte and feel like a ****ing hero, even against the most basic enemies.

Upvote 0
Damn, I feel left behind now. Wasn't able to play much lately, but got a real boost yesterday. Finally manage to get through most of blighttown after
Spoiler!
only to be
Spoiler!

Well, reclaiming those 6000 souls and 2 humanity will be FUN. Possibly in the dwarf fortress kind of way.

Upvote 0
15 hours in the game, and so far:

Spoiler!

And now I have 4 options and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Spoiler!

I think I'll try my chances with the sewers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
15 hours in the game, and so far:

Spoiler!

And now I have 4 options and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Spoiler!

I think I'll try my chances with the sewers.
Just saw this, farm some baddies using the crest to open up the forst door (which costs 20k souls from Andrei but worth every penny) but be careful if you going in there in human form, kill the unique baddies there (3 of them) you will be able to farm that area for 7000 per pop (think 4-2 from Demon's). If you do go into the Depths, watch the ceiling and the floor, if you see what looks like a cute frog just ****ing run if there is more than 1. I'm not kidding, you can one shot them for 200 souls but its NEVER worth it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
HOOORY SHIIIT!

This game is just incredibly good. Few games can be said to be able to live up to their hype, but this one is definitely one of them. Just WOW!

Today I've been playing almost the whole day without dying once, but by playing super extra careful the whole time, so I feel like I earned it.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Finished the game yesterday, started ng+, and already the got the lord vessel in NG+ a few hours later.
You level up so fast in NG+, and you fly through the game. Was tonnes of fun ringing the 2 bells in less than 3 hours !

Considering i was at least 40 hours in before i rang the 2 bells the first time.

I hope they patch it to fix the scaling and imbalance issues. I'll probably stop playing until then. Then i might re-roll a new character.

Great game !

Upvote 0
HOOORY SHIIIT!

This game is just incredibly good. Few games can be said to be able to live up to their hype, but this one is definitely one of them. Just WOW!

Today I've been playing almost the whole day without dying once, but by playing super extra careful the whole time, so I feel like I earned it.

Spoiler!
Hm, seeing how you have killed the Witch, do the same to Ceaseless Discharge...

Upvote 0