• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I don't hate the map as such, it's a decent map. I'm merely annoyed that once again the whole thing could've been made much better and balanced for the average game by simply giving the defenders a tad more to do and relieving the attackers by not forcing them to hold every single objective when the timer runs out.

if you had played the mod, you would have noticed a few changes directed at exactly that.

1) the bridgehead used to be 1 objective.

2) the allies used to have no sniper or fire support positions on their side of the bridge.

3) there used to be only 2 routes, which were the bridges. now there is a covered boat between the two bridges, allowing a 3rd, much safer route.

4) you used to not be able to capture the bridgehead from behind the embankment wall, which you can do now.

Basically, the axis have more to defend, the allies have not only more options, but more opportunities for fire support and a way to capture the objective without getting out of cover.

Seriously, I would call your complaints somewhat "untutored." You cant knock the devs for not making the map easier when you dont have the slightest clue about how the map was before and how much they did to make it easier for the allies.

Upvote 0
After playing this map for a couple of hours straight (and many times in the mod), I still think the Allies have a tough time.

I'm not moaning though, as who says a map has to be even anyway. I'd like to see some cover on the 'road' between the Command centre and the south langermarkt (spelling?).

Generally I'm finding it a lot of fun though.

Upvote 0
if you had played the mod, you would have noticed a few changes directed at exactly that.

1) the bridgehead used to be 1 objective.

2) the allies used to have no sniper or fire support positions on their side of the bridge.

3) there used to be only 2 routes, which were the bridges. now there is a covered boat between the two bridges, allowing a 3rd, much safer route.

4) you used to not be able to capture the bridgehead from behind the embankment wall, which you can do now.

Basically, the axis have more to defend, the allies have not only more options, but more opportunities for fire support and a way to capture the objective without getting out of cover.

Seriously, I would call your complaints somewhat "untutored." You cant knock the devs for not making the map easier when you dont have the slightest clue about how the map was before and how much they did to make it easier for the allies.

Ugh, I've been playing this game long enough to know the old Danzig so don't lecture me on that. And don't tell me what I'm qualified to critizise. Without wanting to start a bragging contest I played RO since 1.1 so I've pretty much seen all maps.

a) the bridgehead argument goes both ways: capturing the two bridgeheads doesn't seem that much easier than capturing only one like in the mod version. And you need two ojectves for the progressive spawn point now.
b) the 88s were a lot easier to capture than the command center is. But I'm still happy they change it because it's not as bad of a chokepoint now as it was then. But it's not easier to capture or hold it than before.

And this is not a mod anymore. Besides the fact that the original map wasn't even by a Tripwire mapmaker, it's pretty lame to hide behind a "oh well it's better than in the mod". All this now makes it sound like I loathe the map, which isn't even the case. But things could be a lot better if maps were less of the "all or nothing"-type: Either the attackers capture all objectives (which is a lot harder than having to hold only one when the timer reaches zero) or they lost the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ugh, I've been playing this game long enough to know the old Danzig so don't lecture me on that. And don't tell me what I'm qualified to critizise. Without wanting to start a bragging contest I played RO since 1.1 so I've pretty much seen all maps.

a) the bridgehead argument goes both ways: capturing the two bridgeheads doesn't seem that much easier than capturing only one like in the mod version. And you need two ojectves for the progressive spawn point now.
b) the 88s were a lot easier to capture than the command center is. But I'm still happy they change it because it's not as bad of a chokepoint now as it was then. But it's not easier to capture or hold it than before.

a) When allies capture one of the bridgeheads, the Germans get spawned backward one street making it harder for them to reinforce the bridghead defense. It DOES make it easier for the Russians and certainly counters the stalemates at Bridgehead that the MOD version suffered from. After the russians capture both they get their first progressive spawn and the Germans get spawned backwards again. This is partially a psycholigical fix as well as a constructive one.
b) The old 88's needed a 'grenade spam fix' where you could prevent a cap from streets away by littering it with grenades killing a group of soldiers defending it. Basically, all capzones were too small and too exposed in the old version.

Upvote 0
ridiculously well made map...

russians can cap BH so quickly with 2 things... a sniper and an mg'er in the building across from the objective. there's a little platform within the capzone that has sexy defilade from german shooters in the buildings. and now that mg's have been 'roided up, the mg'er can be extremely effective at covering the group capping. get some smoke going before hand and its fairly easy to cap. once you have one side of the BH you have 4 feet of walking to the other side.

i think TW did a hell of a job in this new rendition of danzig. the command center replacing the 88's is awesome. and it reduces the efficacy of nadespam at that obj. the langrmarket is awesome with much more cover and shooting positions to duke it out.

my only qualm with this map is that "Putz" sign on the wall. its missing "meat_sim PWNS" in front of that. but i'll let that one slide...

Upvote 0
Ok you two (or three), calm down. (Rex stop flaimbaiting like that, I expect better from you)

You can't please all of the people all of the time. Some people won't like danzig. Agree to disagree and move on.

We however feel it is a great map and a great addition to RO that a majority of the ro owners can and will enjoy.

Upvote 0

This is a huge change that can really help the Russians. Unfortunately, it can also lead to half the team "sniping" instead of getting into the cap zone and moving the battle forward. This isn't criticism of the map design, it's just human nature and something else we'll have to deal with. I played the map a couple of times from both sides last night and I think it looks great.

Upvote 0
After playing the map, all I can say is, GREAT WORK! allthough it lacks some detail here and there, but I suppose that's so the performance wont drop.

The russians has countless of ways to go and attack, and I did not find granades much of a problem, there is more then enough cover for you.

If you have complains..play the map, and when you die at one place, try to go another, don't rush the same place all the time trying to "get there"

Odessa is far worse then this map, seeing as you only have 1-2 ways to get to the cappoints, and here you have 2-4

Upvote 0