• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
My only complaint with this map is a lot of the windows seem to be that perfect height- you can't rest on them standing OR crouching, and that makes deploying MGs a pain. More than once I deployed and found the muzzle of my gun pointed into the wall..

Really? I played the map for a while today as a Russian MG'er and didn't have that problem at all.

As for my thoughts on the map...its okay. But just okay. My problem is that it feels very mechanical and VERY gamey. Many RO maps have a good mix of a naturalistic layout and a gamey layout, striking a good balance between the two.

Danzig just doesn't 'feel' natural enough. Oh look, that Clown Car and that Halftrack are in VERY convenient places! Same with that boat...I dunno, upon loading the map and playing a few rounds it struck me as being something more suited to DoD or CS.

I might just need to play it a bit more thats all...

Also I like the look of the mod version (from the video that was posted) a lot better, looks a lot more drab and grim, probably the rain.

Upvote 0
Honestly I was skeptical at first because I didnt really enjoy Danzig as a mod map.

This Tripwire version is top notch.

Congrats and big thumbs up to the mapping team (and testers too)
thumbsup9hv.gif

The detail involved really makes the map shine. I love how the rooms are littered and torn up. The wine cellar is beautiful. The Market Square is so nicely setup now with all of the cover provided... which leads me to my next point.

In terms of gameplay, the flow has increased ten fold. The old Danzig, post Bridge cap, was a lot of door camping by the Germans if anyone can remember that. Sas had a good point about how the objectives in the mod version were wide open and easily cleared. Now the Germans are forced to look for embedded Russians (which is great).

Nades at the Bridge arent really an issue if you use your head. Lots of options to work with in order to avoid them. Wantonly rushing forward isnt the best idea. I'll leave it at that. (Devs, please DO NOT reduce nades because some players insist on doing the same thing all the time)

Even though I had a limited window with which to game yesterday, I managed a few full matches on the Tripwire server and was able to see that this map will hold many good hours of fun in the future. I can only imagine what a clan match on this thing would be like... wow.

I could go on, but I've expressed my opinion clearly as it is. Visually - its there.. Gameplay flow - its there.. a server with good players running this map - I'm THERE :cool:

edit... meat_sim pwns

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been reading previously to this release how lots of people were excited, couldn't wait and ever so grateful for Tripwire. Today I'm a little surprised to see the disapointments about the FREE release. Maybe it's just the way I was raised but let me put it another way.

I have a friend who does all kinds of charity work with their womens organization called The Royal Purple. An offshoot of the Elks. Particularly for childern. At times they would go down and feed the guys at Salvation Army, until....... one time after raising money and making stew, chili buns and all and on thier own time they drive the food down to feed them and after receiving lots of "I don't like onions in my chili" "I dont like carrots in my stew" That was it. She tells me after shes pissed. We do this on our own time on our own dime give it to them for free and they complain. It's not like they get charged per plate. You wanna ***** you can pay for it.

It really did get me thinking. Am I really grateful or do I come to expect these things. Nothing in life is truly free. Someone somewhere puts in money or time which equates to money. But when it's of no cost to me I don't have to do subtractions on my budget I AM grateful.

I'm just saying that when a person takes some letters and strings together a couple words and puts them in print. It has far greater impact then one would think. Of course everyone has the right to thier opinion just be careful on how you say thanks.

Without Malice
Good Gaming !:)

Upvote 0
The amount of small detail on this map is INCREDIBLE. All the posters sheets paper wine bottles scattered everywhere make it seem like people really lived there.

Did the posters advertise anything by any chance ???
Such as Today's new games ??? who knows... steam/skynet might just know were you live and will throw in poster adds in game:eek: :p ;) :D

Upvote 0
looks and runs great, plays ok i guess too. i prefer the old one with the more 'dark' atmosphere though.
i never really enjoyed this map in the mod, it reminds me also of DOD or some similar run and gun 20 foot map, i was really hoping they would make this map bigger but i guess due to popular demand of the community they kept the same layout as the origional.
but ive always hated those bridge constructions, i've never seen one in real life like that...

good job anyhow!

Upvote 0