• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
i checked the map out and played a few rounds, but im left with this feeling of utter disgust and hate. the map looks to much like dod;s in layout, chokepoint after choke point after chokepoint, and we all bloody well know where theres chokepoints, theres nade whores. so my overall opinion of the map after playing around on the ruskie team was summed up by one line. DANZIG "prostitues in training". thats all it was at the bridge, a game of catch with grenades, back and forth ruskies toss one and blow up a few germans, germans toss some and blow up some russians. visually the map is very beautiful, but the bridge chokepoints utterly turned me off that map fer good. so it really dident surprise me that all the german team really liked the map, go figure you nade whores....

im just wondering if anayone else had the same opinion. or would like to post some tidbit of enlightening information that somehow contradicts what im saying...

Yes danzig does leave a certain DOD flavor in your mouth but I think for the exact opposite reason. I can't seem to find myself a choke point. Danzig is complete swiss cheese. I as a german can't for the life of me find myself a decent spot to hold without constantly being flanked by russians. And it doesn't matter where I try to go, there are usually three to four different ways to get at anyspot. Danzig and DOD suffer from swisscheese maps. I like options, but when there are to many options, putting up a decent defense goes out the window.

maybe use of those mines in certain places will make this map better.

Overall I like the look, but it has the feel of an unfinished fanboy map.

Upvote 0
I wish Tripwire would pay some more attention to balancing with their maps. Hardly any of the maps are balanced very well and Danzig seems to be another example. Another German campfest.

Of course now people are going to tell me to use TACTICS and TEAMWORK, but for christ sake, get realistic: You are lucky if 4 or 5 of your teammates even want to use tactics on a public server. Now if you manage to get these to work as a team and the enemy still wins by doing nothing but blindly and randomly camping that is bad map design to me. Totally unfair and frustrating.

But I love it when ***** of the enemy team who have done nothing the whole map but camping the bridgehead tell me to use tactics:mad:

Upvote 0
I wish Tripwire would pay some more attention to balancing with their maps. Hardly any of the maps are balanced very well and Danzig seems to be another example. Another German campfest.

Of course now people are going to tell me to use TACTICS and TEAMWORK, but for christ sake, get realistic: You are lucky if 4 or 5 of your teammates even want to use tactics on a public server. Now if you manage to get these to work as a team and the enemy still wins by doing nothing but blindly and randomly camping that is bad map design to me. Totally unfair and frustrating.

But I love it when ***** of the enemy team who have done nothing the whole map but camping the bridgehead tell me to use tactics:mad:

That sounds more like a server problem to me. I know I only play on the DBDUK server and when they play seriously you get people working together which in turn makes even more people work together. Of course it's all dependant on who's on the server at the time.

Upvote 0
I just played it and I love it. Right Diz, people stop whining! For example makhanovo-village(no TWImap) is another great map and if the germans ain't using tactics , they barely have a chance of taking the poshta.
krazykraut if you don't complain about the unbalanced map in the chat, nobody will give you such advices, I mean what did you expect from the other team?:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I just played it and I love it. Right Diz, people stop whining! For example makhanovo-village(no TWImap) is another great map and if the germans ain't using tactics , they barely have a chance of taking the poshta.
krazykraut if you don't complain about the unbalanced map in the chat, nobody will give you such advices, I mean what did you expect from the other team?:rolleyes:
How about not giving any advice at all then? At least not when it's a predefined phrase like "use tactics". It's very easy to throw around with such empty stuff if you're on the winning team:mad:

Upvote 0
After playing a few rounds last night on our server, I realized that this map requires more teamwork.As the Rusians, Have a rifleman take up position overlooking the bridge to keep the enemy back, toss over a few smoke grenades (done better in this game thatn anywhere else) and get a few across the bridges to the cover of the buildings beyond. As the germans, hold the russians at the bridge as long as you can, then take up firing positions at chokepoints beyond for defence.

This map will not lend itself to the pleasure of running and gunning. The more co-ordinated side will win it.

I like. :) Very tough map, beautifully done and well thought out.

Cant wait to try out the new armor Friday night (squad night).

Thanks TW!

Upvote 0
How about not giving any advice at all then? At least not when it's a predefined phrase like "use tactics". It's very easy to throw around with such empty stuff if you're on the winning team:mad:

The thing that makes RO better than all the other WWII games is that TW dares to put realism over gameplay sometimes.

What's the point of having realistic weapons, vehicles, uniforms, voices, etc, etc. if you're gonna make unrealistic maps which are basically just every man for himself all the time?

Of course it's gonna be easier to defend than to attack. But I'm pretty sure that most attacks which weren't coordinated got pushed back during world war 2, even if the enemy was equally "goofy".

Seriously. If you don't want the game to require any team work at all, why not just play a deathmatch game?

Upvote 0
Overall I like the look, but it has the feel of an unfinished fanboy map.

Right, because having objectives with 3-4 carefully planned entrances to allow for maximum use of flanking maneuvers and trickery is amateur-ish.

Honestly, if you think this map is an unfinished fanboy map, I have no bloody clue what you expect from RO. Artistically and strategically this is one of the most complete, most professional maps TWI has ever made.

Even if you dont agree, it would be nice for you to phrase your complaints a bit more respectfully. If you knew how hard the entire TWI team worked on this map--literally day in and day out for months--you might reconsider your statement.

Anyway, in all rounds of testing this map in development, victory was hard for either side to gain. In fact, the germans lost probably several more times than they ever won. Trust me, I spent most of my testing time on this map as a german MG'er--more often than not on the losing side, mind you--so to call this map an easy german campfest is laughable man, HA!

ps- removing grenades would NOT make everyone happy. certainly wouldn't make me happy. or are you one of those "realism" nuts that insists i ask the enemy if he is in a room before i chuck a nade in.

Upvote 0
Has anyone else found the Tekkobra sig yet?

Yeah i also found it this morning

I also like the map so far. Not too worried about nade spam just yet as there is lots of cover. There is also loads of routes into the objectives. Its going to be a challange to defend in clan wars, to defend all the alternative routes its seriously going to be 8v8. Should prove intresting.

Upvote 0
I loved Danzig in the mod. I'm moving on Monday so I may not get to play this one for a while. Danzig forced teamwork. If the Russians didn't coordinate their attack then they couldn't force the bridge crossings. If they didn't coordinate they could never hold the 88s while capping the square. There's room for long range rifle/sniper/MG work yet plenty of opportunity for close quarters combat. I agree it can get predictable but so can all the maps if you play them enough. The satisfaction comes in working as an assault unit to take the crossings and work through the buildings and streets.

I'm just itching to see the Ost version. See you there.:)

Upvote 0
The thing that makes RO better than all the other WWII games is that TW dares to put realism over gameplay sometimes.

What's the point of having realistic weapons, vehicles, uniforms, voices, etc, etc. if you're gonna make unrealistic maps which are basically just every man for himself all the time?

Of course it's gonna be easier to defend than to attack. But I'm pretty sure that most attacks which weren't coordinated got pushed back during world war 2, even if the enemy was equally "goofy".

Seriously. If you don't want the game to require any team work at all, why not just play a deathmatch game?
Yeah, because I want balanced maps I must of course be some CS kid who wants to play a deathmatch game :rolleyes: Funny how you think Danzig was realistic, because from what I've played so far it feels much less realistic than the other infantry maps in game. You know, in a perfect world people would all be organized and set up proper attack routes, fireteams etc... But this is not the case. The good servers with teamplay are crowded, 3 out of 4 times I find myself on a server with most of the people unknown to me.

And that's what I want map designers to think about: Being an attacker on maps like Danzig is not a bit enjoyable if you are on a noob server. I don't expect perfect fun on a noob server, but I expect enough of it to keep me hanging on. But usually it goes this way: Join map, everyone stacks defenders, attackers are bored after 5 mins, leave server. Most online shooters keep in mind that perfect teamplay is not present at least half of the time and design maps that are at least enjoyable if half your team doesn't cooperate. But not so in RO. Some maps are a pain in the ass in those cases. Why not make the Russians win Danzig if they have 3 out of the four objectives and tie the game if both teams have 2 each?

And this realism stuff is just tiring anyways. I wish people would finally knock it off because it's nonsense. This is a game. No matter how much some RO players love to brag about its supposed realism, it always will be a game. I haven't been in a war and god prevent I'll ever be. But I've been on maneuvres and anyone who thinks the way this game is played was really realistic has no clue.
What did you expect from the other team?
I feelin sorry for you Krazykraut. Hopefully next time the other team members gonna say things like: "oh you're right, russians can't win this map even if you have got big ass skills."
Just think about it, thanks.
Yeah whatever Boney. Your advice is so helpful. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love the map :D

It looks good, its intense.

The bridge part can be a little challenging but thats where you need teamwork...

1 or 2 riflemen, MG and sniper in the building can clean out many germans... CAP one side and voila...

Often, I saw the soviet capping east first... then all they have to do is go get west FROM EAST (take a left after crossing east bridge, from that zone you can cap both east and west...

I Personally think this map is making more people happy then unhappy...

For those who dont like it... well... snif snif Too Freaking Bad... I dont like every single map but I dont throw in negative opinions on such beautiful hard work because I am aware of its qualities over its cons.

Meh.

The new Danzig is easier to cross the bridges than in the mod, and the mod version almost always had a Russian win.

As far as chokepoints, well... Urban combat had the highest risk, and the highest casualty rate of any other combat scenario in World War II. Why? Because a half-decent defender could turn every corner, every street, every open area into a deadly killing zone.

For some reason, your post, then the danzig map... makes me think of that last battle in "Saving Privat Ryan"

Last edited:
Upvote 0