• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Colt .45 killer

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006
i checked the map out and played a few rounds, but im left with this feeling of utter disgust and hate. the map looks to much like dod;s in layout, chokepoint after choke point after chokepoint, and we all bloody well know where theres chokepoints, theres nade whores. so my overall opinion of the map after playing around on the ruskie team was summed up by one line. DANZIG "prostitues in training". thats all it was at the bridge, a game of catch with grenades, back and forth ruskies toss one and blow up a few germans, germans toss some and blow up some russians. visually the map is very beautiful, but the bridge chokepoints utterly turned me off that map fer good. so it really dident surprise me that all the german team really liked the map, go figure you nade whores....

im just wondering if anayone else had the same opinion. or would like to post some tidbit of enlightening information that somehow contradicts what im saying...

I'll need to test it some more, but it seems like a decent enough map. Personally I would take out the nades for some classes to tone the numbers down a bit and I would make it one big cap zone like it used to be rather than 2 separate ones. Once you get passed the river and both sides capped the map is quite good though.

Upvote 0
Just played for a couple of hours on full servers and the wins were going both ways, so it don't seem to bad, but its a tight map with 32 players thats for sure. I did manage to nade myself a couple of time tho.
I'll give it another go in the morning, and see how it works out.
Early days !!!

Upvote 0
I loved the map, who bloody cares if it's grenade intense! The Soviets were well known for being grenade happy in close combat during the last stages of the war.
I think this map could be made better if each side had a tank and make it so half way the tanks couldn't go any further. I think this would make the close quarter fighting even more bloody. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I liked this map.
Urban combat allways involves plenty of nades.

The map looks stunning and plays very well IMHO.
The cover is done really well with low walls and fireing gaps/holes.
It switches from being fast paced to slow paced quickly.
There are choke points, but all of them can be attacked from more than one direction.
Its a text book close combat map!
Good work TW mappers! you deserve your pay-cheques very much! :D

Upvote 0
i checked the map out and played a few rounds, but im left with this feeling of utter disgust and hate. the map looks to much like dod;s in layout, chokepoint after choke point after chokepoint, and we all bloody well know where theres chokepoints, theres nade whores. so my overall opinion of the map after playing around on the ruskie team was summed up by one line. DANZIG "prostitues in training". thats all it was at the bridge, a game of catch with grenades, back and forth ruskies toss one and blow up a few germans, germans toss some and blow up some russians. visually the map is very beautiful, but the bridge chokepoints utterly turned me off that map fer good. so it really dident surprise me that all the german team really liked the map, go figure you nade whores....

im just wondering if anayone else had the same opinion. or would like to post some tidbit of enlightening information that somehow contradicts what im saying...

Yeah, after playing a few myself, i had the same feeling.

Upvote 0
Its a good map, lots of fun. The problem is people tend to settle into a place and just rifle shoot down the street at the other team, they arent moving up. This happens on all maps but on danzig it tends to happen just out of the spawn so there is no movement. it takes alot of work and team effort to get your team moving onto the next objectives.

Upvote 0
Its a good map, lots of fun. The problem is people tend to settle into a place and just rifle shoot down the street at the other team, they arent moving up. This happens on all maps but on danzig it tends to happen just out of the spawn so there is no movement. it takes alot of work and team effort to get your team moving onto the next objectives.

Don't forget that a lot of maps are lost or won because renforcements run out.
Shooting and ducking can win a map as much as running and nadeing.

Upvote 0
Remember boys and girls, you can go across the boat in the middle and the dock behind the wall is IN the cap zone and OUT of nade range unless they come in directly from the side (in which case they should have been shot by your sniper/mger/riflemen long before they get into a nade throwing position.

As for all the so called "choke points". There are multiple (3/4 or MORE) ways into and out of every objective. Don't just go the same way into a heavy defense. Probe the other entrances, or use them to attack the known defenders to let your buddies in.

And in most locations on the map their is enough ruble that a single nade shouldn't take out more then a few people near each other if the team is spread out even the slightest behind different bits of cover.

I'm sure you will start seeing better play as people learn the map.

Upvote 0