• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Damn People Get In The Cap Zone

Centory

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2011
I love territory, and im one of 3-4 people per team that doesn't sit back and shoot from afar, its useful but not when 28 players per team are doing it

I end up with a 4 v 4 firefight, WHEN THE SERVERS FULL, cmon people, more people need to be in cap zone.

staying back at afar with a rifle and a sniper isnt that bad but when smg's, MG's, and EVERY rifleman is doing it its not good.

Yep.

Yep.

I encountered this not even 10 minutes ago ingame on a TWI server. The two buildings on either side of the river in the Apartments were completely FULL of Russians/Germans respectively, sitting around and taking potshots at each other with absolutely no one trying to cap.

3 or 4 lockouts in a row. Nobody seems to understand how the caps work. :(

Upvote 0
Territory it happens occasionally. Countdown it happens ALWAYS. Thus, I don't play Countdown. 2 Allies attacking and 6 Axis defending and Allies capping? Eh, just sit in the trench 100 meters away from the cap. I'm sure someone will come into your sights!

Hasnt' been true in my experience. In fact in countdown I notice the team that is more agressive (not in a "dumb" way, but just moving up quickly and efficiently) usually annihilate the other because they're too busy getting tunnel vision to notice they're getting wiped out from the flank.

Upvote 0
This is true. Tutorial or something would be good for this game. I bet most don't even realize which point is capped and which not.

Well, right now we have no SP which is the starting point. The first mission is even called tutorial.

It isn't that hard though to figure it out. Only question I have is what does it mean when the body indicators are outlined in white? I'm assuming it means they are closer - in a position to cap, whereas black is in the zone, but not capping - but preventing a cap.

Upvote 0
Give people time to learn the game, then people wont be acting like fools.

I really, really hope not. Everyone said the same thing about BC2 and now I can't stand that P.O.S. mostly because the second you step way from cover you get hit by one of a million snipers (or anti-tank rocketeers).

Apologies to the DICE devs lurking here since they want to play something good in their off hours. :IS2:

Upvote 0