• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

damage from shrapnel

damage from shrapnel

• I like it, makes it more real

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • No its a game, unreal is better

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Does not matter to me

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters

nate

Nov 24, 2005
getting damage from shrapnel such as a nad hits about 10 feet away, you dont get damaged from the nad but from a nearby helmet that your teammate was wearing that was shot off, or a gun that some had.

also if a tank explodes, parts fly off and hit nearby enemys or teammates, or they could be 40 feet away and a small metal chunk of the tank hits them, depending on where it hits would it kill him or damage him.

such items as rocks and other debris on the gound. flying out dealing small damage. also dead bodys hit by nads should deal damage.

having the ablility to pick up and throw rocks would be neat.

Nyu knows exatly what im saying, its like in CSS where if u throw a NAD at some one it deals like 2 or 1 dmg. it could make a diffence in life and death, like once i threw a flash as some one ran out in dust in long A, and i nailed him in the chest and he died, a big Flash icon appeared as the kill.

Upvote 0
Infiltration for UT99 had an awesome shrapnel system. If anybody has played it, it'd be nice if RO:OST had something similar but alas, it's just a dream and it's not gonna happen for a lot of reasons(primarily server overload, one single frag blowing up slows down my listen server a lil' bit).

Also, frag grenades(F1s) don't harm you from 2 meters away. I just tried this a few hours ago, take a grenade, aim as high as possible(looking at the sky, move your mouse as far up as possible) throw the grenade with a charged throw(far as possible) and it will land ~2 meters in front of you. First explosion will not kill you, nor harm you. You'll have to throw another one to die.

Upvote 0