• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Daily updates from TWI

I actually registered to post this -

I was just thinking last night why they weren't utilizing steam's update and news sections in steam. Is this something that needs to be worked out from valve? ALOT of your sales aren't coming in here to see any of this, not knowing your history.

I'm only mentioning this because, playing tf2 for awhile - EVEN when things were broken - I was assured by reading their update and news page, and knew what i was getting into whenever it started pushing me an update.

You've got the tools, why not use them :D

Thanks TWI - I haven't been so PISSED at a shooter, that keeps me playing since counter-strike. In my mind thats a big achievement(50G). Keep at it!

Upvote 0
yes

yes

I actually registered to post this -

I was just thinking last night why they weren't utilizing steam's update and news sections in steam. Is this something that needs to be worked out from valve? ALOT of your sales aren't coming in here to see any of this, not knowing your history.

I'm only mentioning this because, playing tf2 for awhile - EVEN when things were broken - I was assured by reading their update and news page, and knew what i was getting into whenever it started pushing me an update.

You've got the tools, why not use them :D

Thanks TWI - I haven't been so PISSED at a shooter, that keeps me playing since counter-strike. In my mind thats a big achievement(50G). Keep at it!

Upvote 0
I don't understand why there's so many people defending the developers. This is not a free to play game. This is not an experiment. This is no longer a beta.

We have paid for a broken product. That's not acceptable anywhere, in any industry.

If Tripwire had done this back before digital downloads existed, they'd be ****ed. No one would care that they're the "underdog" developer. Patching would be next to impossible, and they'd have to deal with half of their customers returning their games.

Luckily for TWI, we live in a time where they can sell games on Steam and no one can get a refund. They knew full-well that the game was broken and planned to use patches as their crutch, which is wrong.

However, they've overestimated how long it would take them to patch this, and now their game isn't going to be playable for many people until after the big boys (MW3 and Battlefield 3) are released....which is what they wanted to avoid by rushing this game out in the first place.

I hope they've learned a lesson.

Upvote 0
Wow, really guys? Are you like 13 or something? They're fixing crap and that's all there is to it. Stop telling them you deserve something and let them work. Everyone thinks they're entitled to something. You bought it, let them fix it or get a refund. Is your whole life going to end if you don't know whats happening? If it's not working, go outside or something until it's fixed. Some of you could probably use some sun...

Upvote 0
I don't understand why there's so many people defending the developers. This is not a free to play game. This is not an experiment. This is no longer a beta.

We have paid for a broken product. That's not acceptable anywhere, in any industry.

If Tripwire had done this back before digital downloads existed, they'd be ****ed. No one would care that they're the "underdog" developer. Patching would be next to impossible, and they'd have to deal with half of their customers returning their games.

Luckily for TWI, we live in a time where they can sell games on Steam and no one can get a refund. They knew full-well that the game was broken and planned to use patches as their crutch, which is wrong.

However, they've overestimated how long it would take them to patch this, and now their game isn't going to be playable for many people until after the big boys (MW3 and Battlefield 3) are released....which is what they wanted to avoid by rushing this game out in the first place.

I hope they've learned a lesson.

The people *****ing and moaning on here are just a VOCAL MINORITY.. Game runs beautifully for me and TONS of other people I know, we all love it. a Vocal Minority can make it seem like a forum full of disappointed people because its just them posted, the rest of us are out playing and having fun.

Once the "big boys' mw3 and bf3 come out I can't wait for all the little kids to leave to the next shiny toy.. Then finally all of us MEN can finally play it the way its meant to be played, tactical and with a lot of teamwork. Instead of all these rambo idiots running around.

Upvote 0
The twitter by Yoshiro is pretty good for information as is the Steam RO group but if there was a dedicated feed for updates, like say for instance how Notch/Jeb do for Minecraft, I'd personally be very happy and I doubt you'd have as many repeated postings.

And no disrespect intended, but Zips that first reply was less then apt. It was a valid question and deserved a valid response. I am not going to lecture you about the game development process but I will point out that good PR is crucial and if TWI do not have the time to maintain a feed, they should ask for a trusted volunteer. Making the suggestion that TWI must choose between working or PR would imply there are amateurs with little regard for there customers who are having issues. I would hope the majority of people know that's not true, but for those new to series your certainty giving that impression.

Upvote 0
The people who are able to run this game without any problems have absolutely no business on these forums unless they have suggestions for fixes.

If the game is working for you, shut up and go play it. Don't tell the people who aren't able to use their product what they should be doing. We don't come to the Technical Support forum to hear "stop complaining about your broken game". We come here to coordinate with Tripwire and resolve our issues.

Upvote 0
The people *****ing and moaning on here are just a VOCAL MINORITY.. Game runs beautifully for me and TONS of other people I know, we all love it. a Vocal Minority can make it seem like a forum full of disappointed people because its just them posted, the rest of us are out playing and having fun.

Once the "big boys' mw3 and bf3 come out I can't wait for all the little kids to leave to the next shiny toy.. Then finally all of us MEN can finally play it the way its meant to be played, tactical and with a lot of teamwork. Instead of all these rambo idiots running around.

Well said my fiend.

Upvote 0
The people who are able to run this game without any problems have absolutely no business on these forums unless they have suggestions for fixes.

If the game is working for you, shut up and go play it. Don't tell the people who aren't able to use their product what they should be doing. We don't come to the Technical Support forum to hear "stop complaining about your broken game". We come here to coordinate with Tripwire and resolve our issues.

So why arent you posting your dump files where they should be? Whining = coordinate?

Upvote 0
funny reading this thread, on one side you have critics about the bugs etc, the other side you have the die hard fans!

tripwire needs both, to push them to make this game a great product!

I wish tripwire lot of success and if i mau add a suggestion.. get one of the die hard RO verterans to post some news now and then (community manager)

leave the developers developing

Upvote 0
hm

hm

Sure this problems , crashes and bugs must be fixed this game is awesome and its bad when u are playing it , when u are in the middle of the game and suddenly it crash u are like a *FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU* as PUTZ say they are working at the crashes so please be patient no one likes that game is buggy atm. but we have to wait for a checking all crashes and bugs :p

Upvote 0
I would like to have some idea on a regular basis "everyother day" at their "TWI DEVS" convenience as to what problems they have their sights on and what progress if any they expectto squash the bugs. After reading these forums I'm not leftwith much confidence that all bugs being submitted are beingacknowledged. Maybe I get that impression because there is lack of info or lack of reading every damn thread in this forum that is just my opinion leave it at that. I really likethis game and look forward to playing it for a good long time. I justreally hate being left in the dark questioning whether or not thisgame is going to keep a strong population. I for one don't want to beleft playing single player just to have something to shoot at. Peopleare going to get scared off by lack of info about progress. Honesty is the best policy.

Upvote 0