• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Daily quests reset

CidFR

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2019
Category: Code

Reproducibility: Almost found a way to reproduce it 100%

Summary: When playing in squad, members of the squad may have their quests reset

Description: We (The friends I play with and I) discovered this bug few months ago but since I couldn't reproduce it, I wouldn't report it yet.

When we play online, I usually create a squad and invite my friends. After a game, they noticed their daily quests have changed. Since this never happened to me, I asked them to perform a file integrity check, that they did but no error were found.

Few days ago, after a game, a friend invited me in a squad. Once I joined, my daily quests have changed.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Play a game, alone or in squad (not 100% sure this is what trigger the bug, this needs to be tested)
  • Join a squad (The squad leader is never affected, I'm 100% sure about it)
  • The quests should have been changed
  • The squad leader joins a server
  • Members of the squad may have their quests changed
  • Play the game
  • Win or lose, I don't think this matters
  • The server loads the next map
  • Members of the squad may have again their quests changed
  • reproduce again and again
Note:
It doesn't matter if the quests were validated or not, the player gets 3 new quests. This could be exploitable giving potentially an infinite amount of daily quests

CidFR

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2019
Update :

The steps to reproduce are (maybe) wrong, I still can't 100% reproduce. I just played with friends and their quests changed :

• We launched the game
  • Friend A created a squad
  • Friend B joined the squad
  • They joined a server
  • I joined the squad during wave 2
  • Friend B died during wave 2
  • during wave 3 player B died again
  • he noticed his quests changed
  • We won the game
  • We vote for the next map
  • It loads
  • Friend A notice his quests has changed
  • We play the game
  • Friend B died during the game and boss wave
  • We won
  • We left the server
  • Friend A and B has their quests changed, again
I still can't reproduce on will, however I'm 100% sure it happens when we play in squad

Could be related to death
Could be related to changing perk too, a friend got his quests changed when he changed his class between 2 waves, but this is maybe not relevant (I changed perk during second game, between 2 waves and didn't got my quests changed)

CidFR

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2019
Update:

Just after my previous post, my friends got their quests changed, again :
  • Friend A re-created a squad and invited both friend B and me
  • We joined
  • Friend B got his quests changed
  • We join a server
  • Friend A and B got their quests changed
  • We played the whole game, no quests changing anymore
I hope this can help you to hunt down that bug, I'm developper too and I know how frustrating it can be when you know a bug but can't find it :D