• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Daemonicon crowd funding campaign!

YoYoBatty

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
The creator of the spiritual successor to the UT2004 mod "Out of Hell", called Daemonicon, has started a crowd funding campaign to support the game. His goal is to collect 15,000 CND dollars to aid in funding for the project, be sure to head on over there, check it out and donate some spare cash to help him out!

My Story

My name is Long Nguyen, a 3D artist and Game Designer from Canada.

In 2002, I took the plunge into the world of videogame development and began a small hobby project called 'Out Of Hell', a mod for Unreal Tournament. I spent the next 7 years building the game alone in my spare time, learning about the development process as I went along and growing as an artist over time. The game was finally completed and released to the public in 2009. It won the 'Best Art Direction' award and was nominated for 'Best Single Player Mod' at Mod Database (www.moddb.com)

The Project
Now I have set my sights higher and have begun development on a new project, a spiritual successor called 'Daemonicon' which I plan to take commercial. It is a horror-themed adventure/exploration game with a branching storyline, thick atmosphere and haunting visuals.

Many ideas that were not included in Out Of Hell will be featured in Daemonicon such as non-linear exploration, player customization, skill structures, multiple endings and more. You can find additional details about Daemonicon at: http://crcdevblog.blogspot.com

Link to his website where you can donate: http://www.indiegogo.com/Daemonicon

Last edited:
Reactions: NoxNoctum
This isn't my project, I am just an active supporter of it and you can find the game on IndieDB. If you would like to know more, check out his blog, the link is in the quote, otherwise search up CRC Development Blog and you should find discussion for Daemonicon and it's predeccesor, Out of Hell. Also be sure to check out the forums for more detail, you can find the link to it on his blog.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Donate.

If I read it correctly, you get 3(?) in game perks?

Level 1: $20
- Your full name displayed in the 'Special Thanks' list of the game credits.

Level 2 + Level 1: $50
- Your *Initials* in marker scrawled in one of the game world's many washrooms OR spray painted onto a wall. (Choice of colors: Black/Red/White/Orange/Purple/Blue) The following words can also be included: *Initials*...rulez/rules/ownz/owns/is awesome/is the best/is untouchable/is your mommy/is your daddy/is you Father/is your Mother/for Prez/is cool/rocks/sucks/forever/fo evah/is crazy/wuz here/was here/representin/represent/approves/does not approve/is da shizzle/is da shiznit.

Level 3 + Level 2 + Level 1: $100
- A random Police or Military Faction NPC (Non-Player Character) will carry your last name or a (non-offensive) Callsign of your choice. Accordingly, NPC's will have *Officer* or *Private* in front of their last names and *Operative* in front of callsigns. - NPC's will appear randomly throughout the game world, are male, wear any of the following items or combinations of Balaclavas, Goggles or other Eye Protection, Helmets, Bandanas, Caps and Head Gear, Face Masks, Gas Masks or Face Paint.

And this donation is to assist in the funding for the project, the reason is because he is working on this in his spare/other time and needs to spend his own money on essentials. If it doesn't make the 15,000 dollar mark, the game will be released a lot later on and he will have to spend less time focusing on map, and if it does make the mark, he will be able to spend a lot more time on mapping, details, and getting it released.

Upvote 0