• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

D Day 70 years ago

Sure you can. Due to the fact i live in Berlin, which has seen enough carnage over the centuries, it doesnt effect you during the daily life.....though you may think about the tragedies happened here from time to time.

Not far away from where i work there is a sign which states "18 foreign workers died here during an air raid in 1944" brings up some chills sometimes.

Upvote 0
Just imagine going to the real Mamayev Kurgan in Volgograd and imagine how many German and Soviet soldiers died there while thinking of the Mamayev Kurgan map in game. Also go to the Grain Elevator,Pavlov's house and other known areas in Volgograd would remind you the brutal battles in Stalingrad. Also the soldiers in Belorussia in 1944 during Operation Bagration where some soldiers and partisans reminded of how the carnage happened there with the German blitzkrieg.

Upvote 0
Not sure I could sunbathe and relax on those beaches knowing how much blood had been spilled there.

I was on one of the beaches a few years ago, I think it was Omaha though I am not entirely sure...But the kids on the beach were using the Memorial as a large playtower, crawling over it while their parents did not give a damm.

Upvote 0