• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Cut version *barf*

Red-P

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 22, 2010
Hey guys,

two days ago I bought Killing Floor via the steam store and I thought it would be totally uncut, cause a friend of mine is playing it always. It wasn't. After screaming, shouting, being angry and stuff I informed myself and recognized that Steam saw my german IP and gave me a cut version, which sucks because the fun is like zero. For Left 4 Dead, there is an uncut patch, but it seems like, there isn't one for Killing Floor. Well, my friend, this lucky bastard bought his game over amazon.co.uk, and told me when I buy it over steam and change the language to english it'll be a full uncut version. Hahaha, a few months ago, this was maybe possible but thanks to USK it doesn't work anymore. Is it possible to use the english uncut files of my friend to achieve an uncut version or is the only solution buying the game again over an abroad gameshop? I can't really believe that...

Greetz,

Red-P

Ok, it really seems like I bought **** :mad:
Is it possible to buy the uncut version and replace the cut version with it, or do I have to create a new Steam account?

Though, I don't understand why it isn't possible to make the game uncut. There must be a lock or something, cause when I start the game offline the gore is there... Maybe someday somebody will find a fix... It is just too stupid when you shoot a monster and it disappears before even hitting the ground. I mean, the USK didn't cut Dead Space, because cutting of limbs is an important tactical element in the game. Well and in Killing Floor? When you shoot off the head of a monster, it can't use its special abilities anymore, but however they cut out the gore and with that the whole fun of the game. So where is the sense? By the way, Dead Space is much more violent... I hate USK, what is a zombie shooter without blood and gore? They could even make the game USK 16 now, but it's still for people over 18... :mad:

Upvote 0
go into your programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/killing floor/system

and open your killingfloor.ini

look for
[Engine.GameInfo]
GoreLevel=

what is your value set to?
mine is
GoreLevel=2

if its not 2 try setting it to 2 then play the game
if after running the game, if it has no changes and the value resets try setting it to 2 and making the killinfloor.ini "Read-Only"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did the same mistake and bought it on Steam from Germany. Seems like a really great game, but the cut version kinda ruined the whole fun.
Normally I don't spent money on games only on those I really want to support and which seems worth it.
Killing Floor might be such a game for other countries but the cut version is just ridiculous. It isn't scary at all and the corps disappearing immediately feels cheap. Actually I can't even notice a headshot because of the missing animation.

Please make the game worth playing for us as well :(

Upvote 0
Dude we all feel for you, haven't got a solution to offer that doesn't involve buying it again, but I hope you get it sorted, cause it would be a shame to miss out on KF's awesomeness :(

Incidnetly does anyone know what happens if someone in the UK buys a copy of KF and gifts it over to a german steam account?
It's uncut, that's how I get my games.
The orange box taught me so.

Reactions: Undedd Jester
Upvote 0
Please make the game worth playing for us as well :(
The cost of doing business is adhering to regional laws. Change the laws and this problem goes away not just for KF but for any game that was and will be censored to comply with terms of doing business in the country.

Whats if I already own the german version and someone gifts the us version to me? Do I have to delete the old version from my account frist? Can't find an option for removing games.

frustrating enough I have to spend the money again :(

It would be an issue to speak to Valve about. If nothing can be resolved it could always be activated on a second account.

Upvote 0
It's totally possible to use an english version of KF with the german Steam account, either gifted or for personal use (though I recommend using english language of KF since the german localization is not very good). You have to make sure the key you get is an english one, american or UK. The point seems to be the difference in keys. I don't really know their difference, but the keys decide which version you get.

You cannot delete a game from your account by yourself. That is something the Steam support can do, but they won't since you can delete the game from your HDD and can download an added game from your account again at a later time.

You can contact Steam support for changing your german key to a UK one, that's how I did it. You do need photos of both original versions or other evidence you bought both, though. And Steam support needs another regristration that is not directly linked to your steam account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whats if I already own the german version and someone gifts the us version to me? Do I have to delete the old version from my account frist? Can't find an option for removing games.

frustrating enough I have to spend the money again :(
Yeah, that sucks I know.
You can contact their support desk about that.
I once asked them kindly why in the unholy name of something my tf2 is censored even though the orange box is rated "18+", their answer was along the lines of "feel free to re-purchase the imported american version, we'll then replace your current one with it".
Some red pixels weren't quite worth if for me then but it might be the solution for you if you can call it that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
also saw this on the steam forums.

It got fixed. Thanks a lot.
For all who have the same problems: Changing the Game language did not help me here. I played a little with the interface language and then it got back to the old language (which is somehow strange because i know that the interface language usually should not have to do anything with the game language, but it worked for me, so i dont care).

Upvote 0