• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release CustomGameTypes (CGT) Mod

Thor, would you consider making a Freeze Tag objective mod? Just curious.. You seem very capable.

What do you mean?

I believe he means the freeze tag mode from Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. If your not familiar with it, I think you shot someone and the froze instead of dying, and your team mates unfreeze you. (I could be wrong, havent played it in a while)

Upvote 0
Interesting, I didn't know about that project. It's definitely doable, but I'm afraid I wouldn't have the time to work on anything before summer. If anyone is willing to continue it, I'd be glad to help if they're stuck with some issue. However, before investing any time on this, I suggest that you first ask who is interested to play it, to make sure that there would be an interest in the community for that kind of gametype.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A previous thread @ it, with Don's explanation on how it works.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=97044&highlight="freeze"

I think it would both be ridiculed as too gamey and enjoyed by many. I liked playing it, it does promote teamplay in it's way and it's fun.

There were a bunch of gametypes from MOHAA and COD that were a good time, VIP and the prisoner one, whatever it was called come to mind.

Upvote 0
Hi i would like to know when there is an update for the caputure the flag maps. I heard you`re rebrewing the ctf maps or did you`ve discontinued the support for ctf maps?

In May, I removed SD from CGT and fixed the compilation errors of CTF due to the latest game updates. It is now working, but in the editor only. When I tried to brew the mod, i got stuck on this error. Unless someone can help me with that issue, I won't have time to mess with this before the end of July, August or September.

I will eventually make CTF an open source project on GitHub. If anyone's interested to try to fix it before I have time to do so, just post here and I'll put it on GitHub faster.

Upvote 0