• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release CustomGameTypes (CGT) Mod

I really love the S&D mode but there are 3 things I'd like to see changed.

#1 Please add the "Shut Up! Mutator", S&D is meant to be played competitive and random chatter or comments from your soldier will let everyone know your position.

#2 attacking on appartments is almost impossible, small chokepoints, A is next to the defending spawn and B is too easy to defend from several locations.

#3 everyone should be able to grab every weapon because some stuff gets way to good on some maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello guys!

Great news, if you haven't read it in the change log of the next Rising Storm update, TWI have integrated the CGT_CD logic into the stock Countdown gametype. As a result:
-Stock map conversions won't be required anymore.
-All custom maps will automatically get the new logic automatically.
-No mod download and installation will be required for servers that don't want to play the other CGT gametypes.

In the future, CGT_CD (and CGT_RSCD) will no longer be part of the CGT package.

Upvote 0
Glad to see your work took into consideration and finally (re)integrated into the game, but will it be really like CGT_CD ??? The problem was not only with the exploit with people suiciding to get advantage on the other team, but also with other wining condition.... Let see that on the patch release but I have doubt about the new CD.. let see....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A new version of [CGT] (3.1.0, not to be confused with 3.0.1) has been compiled and is now whitelisted. The files are being sent to MediaFire and should be available shortly. Here's the change log:

• Removed CGT_CD and CGT_RSCD.
  • S&D: Added a mechanism for server admins, allowing them to customize how the team swaps occur, with the possibility to have a tie-breaker round.
  • S&D: Added the stock "Switching Sides" sounds used in Countdown when teams swap.
  • S&D: Fixed the 'pick bomb' icon remaining lit when dying as a bomb carrier.
  • CGT_SD-StationNorthHall: fixed an exploit allowing to go outside the playable area.
EDIT: The files are now available in the OP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
[CGT] 3.4.0 is now available and white-listed!

>> A big thank to Piriou who took care of all the changes on the maps! <<

• Added match profiles, which allow to customize the number of rounds, the team swap interval, and the usage of team breakers (extra round, and team points). Match profiles can also be used to define the plant, defuse, and explosion delays on a per-profile basis. Contact me for details.
  • Fixed webadmin crash occuring when opening the gametypes panel.
  • For mappers, removed the necessity to swap between the RO2 and RS theaters before launching the SDK, by renaming CustomGameTypesRS.u to RSCustomGameTypes.u, and renaming all RS classes by adding a RS prefix.*
  • CGT_SD-BarracksJail: Fixed an issue causing the user to fall through the map, with the boxes allowing to get on the roof.
  • CGT_SD-StationNorthHall: Added blocking volumes to seal an area of the map.
  • CGT_RSSD-HantoBase: Moved the radio objective to prevent it from being planted from outside the shack.
  • CGT_SD-Apartments: Opened the first floor of the Propaganda House.
  • CGT_RSSD-SaipanTown: Moved the tank to allow to walk around it.
  • CGT_RSSD-Peleliu: Blocked 2nd floor of the building.
  • Removed in-map configuration of the explosion delay.
  • Removed custom smoke grenades since they can't be assigned in the SDK anymore.

*Because of this change, mappers will need to load the SDK with both .u files, and convert all CGT-specific content, which includes MapInfo, Kismet, Objectives & Archetypes. Contact me for details.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is a huge update, great work Thor.

• Fixed webadmin crash occuring when opening the gametypes panel.
  • For mappers, removed the necessity to swap between the RO2 and RS theaters before launching the SDK, by renaming CustomGameTypesRS.u to RSCustomGameTypes.u, and renaming all RS classes by adding a RS prefix.*
These two are very welcome changes. I've been a huge fan of CGT, especially S&D, but had to remove it from our servers due to the gametypes panel issue. Now that it has been resolved I'm looking forward to adding it back!

Also, now that the mapping process for this gametype has been more streamlined, I can see an increased incentive for people to get new CGT maps out there.

Truly amazing work!

Upvote 0
I enjoyed S&D game mode and decided to make some S&D specific maps for it. Just waiting for the mode to be implemented in retail

This is my 1st: Bridge

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0