• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Custom Shop Mutator...

I want to use this mod to control all the weaps i've downloaded, but they don't appear in the trader. PLZ help! I went to the KF SDK opened the actor classes and loaded the .u files from the weapon packs i've downloaded (and the WTF mutator). I go in thru pickups, weapons blahblahblah, get to the weapon i want and click it. at the top of the actor class menu i get a title of a weapon, say WTF.WFTEquipSA80Pickup. I type it character for character in the configure screen when activating the cust.trader mod ingame. I got the PPSH mod and the M7A3 to work, but they were 2 of the 5 i put in. What am i doing wrong?

bump :(

Upvote 0
I want to use this mod to control all the weaps i've downloaded, but they don't appear in the trader. PLZ help! I went to the KF SDK opened the actor classes and loaded the .u files from the weapon packs i've downloaded (and the WTF mutator). I go in thru pickups, weapons blahblahblah, get to the weapon i want and click it. at the top of the actor class menu i get a title of a weapon, say WTF.WFTEquipSA80Pickup. I type it character for character in the configure screen when activating the cust.trader mod ingame. I got the PPSH mod and the M7A3 to work, but they were 2 of the 5 i put in. What am i doing wrong?

Sorry Halb for getting back to you so late on this.

Ok, for some reason and I am told this is an issue with Unreal, on the final item in the list you should have ," if you see this at the end of an item prior to the ones you have added, delete it and add it to the very last item.

Or, use the ini method, which also requires a dummy line so should look like this....

Code:
[KFCustomShopMutV2.KFCustomShopMutB]
WeaponForSale=KFMod.MP7MPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.ShotgunPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.BoomStickPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.LAWPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.AA12Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.SinglePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.DualiesPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.DeaglePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.DualDeaglePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.WinchesterPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.CrossbowPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.M14EBRPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.BullpupPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.AK47Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.SCARMK17Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.KnifePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.MachetePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.AxePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.ChainsawPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.KatanaPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.FlameThrowerPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.MAC10Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.PipeBombPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.M79Pickup
WeaponForSale=kfdualmp7mut.mp7dpickup
WeaponForSale=wtf.wtfequipsa80pickup
WeaponForSale=
This should now include all of your added weapons in the trader.

PM me if you get any more problems.

Upvote 0
Hey,

First off, fantastic mutator! This is exactly the kind of thing killing floor needed.
I am having some odd troubles ( And I seem to be alone in this regard ) with the mut.

Single player, It works awesome, makes it seem as though the new weapons ( M7a3, Mk.23, M99, M44, hunting rifle, machine pistole, SA80 ) were in the game from default :D

Unfortunately, after the first map ( Regardless if I die, Win, or just forfeit ) my perks shut off, with the " Unkown steam error" and stay in that state, until I restart the game...This is odd, It seems to be greylisted.

That problem I can deal with though, that M7a3 is so sweet, perks are not needed:cool:

The real problem, is that during a listen LAN game, on the first map, only the host has perks, and can see or use to weapons. To everyone else I am just holding nothing, and my shots make no sound, and leave no decals ( I can still kill zeds though...). Other players can see the weapons in the store, but can not buy them. After the first map, everything is the same, but I don't have perks either.

I make sure everyone on my LAN had all the weapon mods, and all the correct muts...

Any help with this would be great, this mutator is amazing, and I seem to be the only one with some niggling flaws. ( In the mutator...not personalty wise)

NOTE: It may take me a while to respond to anyones...responses, as I will be away from my pc for...roughly, a day...I think.

-R

Upvote 0
Hmm strange one Jester and sorry you are having problems.

Are you running any other mutators whilst running this one on your Listen Server?

Also, have you tried verifying your KF game files prior to starting the server?

may help, let me know and I will try and get this sorted for you.

Hey,

First off, fantastic mutator! This is exactly the kind of thing killing floor needed.
I am having some odd troubles ( And I seem to be alone in this regard ) with the mut.

Single player, It works awesome, makes it seem as though the new weapons ( M7a3, Mk.23, M99, M44, hunting rifle, machine pistole, SA80 ) were in the game from default :D

Unfortunately, after the first map ( Regardless if I die, Win, or just forfeit ) my perks shut off, with the " Unkown steam error" and stay in that state, until I restart the game...This is odd, It seems to be greylisted.

That problem I can deal with though, that M7a3 is so sweet, perks are not needed:cool:

The real problem, is that during a listen LAN game, on the first map, only the host has perks, and can see or use to weapons. To everyone else I am just holding nothing, and my shots make no sound, and leave no decals ( I can still kill zeds though...). Other players can see the weapons in the store, but can not buy them. After the first map, everything is the same, but I don't have perks either.

I make sure everyone on my LAN had all the weapon mods, and all the correct muts...

Any help with this would be great, this mutator is amazing, and I seem to be the only one with some niggling flaws. ( In the mutator...not personalty wise)

NOTE: It may take me a while to respond to anyones...responses, as I will be away from my pc for...roughly, a day...I think.

-R

Upvote 0
Ahh but that isn't a hardship as the greylist only allows to use current perks which reset after every game, so this mod is ideal, as modders do not have to submit every weapon for greylisting.

You cannot level up with a greylisted item!

It saves TWI a bit of time imo.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but any non-whitelisted/greylisted package that is loaded should disable perks - after all, if not you could just use this mutator to circumvent the greylist system.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the responses,

The only other mutator I use with custom trader V2 is the brute, which works perfectly by itself, ( Keeping my perks enabled, but not leveling them).

I don't know exactly how I would verifiy my killing floor files, they all seem to be fine, as the game works flawlessly in most cases.

Although I bought the game on steam, I keep a copy of it tin two folders, one is the normal clean steam one, and the other I have a rev loader for. The only reason I have this, is so I can play killing floor when my bell mifi dies, as when that happens, Steam will not start in offline mode ( It tells me " Steam could not connect to the inernet, and shuts off...Ironic ).

I only use muts with the revloaded version, as it is used offline, or listen only. Could the rev be the problem?

Upvote 0
Ahhh, Turns out I did a very poor job merging my old, modded KF with my new steam downloaded one....corrupted files,version mismatches and what not, Steam is redownloading it now.

I am positive that was the problem, I was too lazy to download all those skins and maps again XD

I will get back to you as soon as I test out this fresh download of killing floor.

-R

Upvote 0