• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Custom Shop Mutator...

Yikes, same problem!

This is a completely clean killing floor steam download. The only thing I did was add weapons, and the custom trader V2 mut, and It still kills my perks after the first map, and other players on my listen server can't use the new weps, nor can they see or hear them when I use them.

Interesting note, on the first map, when I can use my perks...I can level them with the new weapons! I noticed my headshot kills with the MK.23 were actually counting on my sharpshooter perk.

Another Interesting note; when I try and use the weapon muts without the custom trader....they no longer work. They just don't show up in the buy menu.

I am going to try installing my KF on another computer, and try to get the mutator to work there.

I will keep you updated.

-R

Upvote 0
Hey I need some help. I have the custom trader mutator and I have the hunting rifle added in and it works. I also have the mk23 and medic gun weapon pack and that works on its own. But I don't know how to add the medic gun pack into the custom trader list. I want to be able to purchase both the Hunting rifle, mk23, and medic rifle. If someone could help me it would be great. Cause My friend plays as the medic and I am the sharpshooter. So someone please get back to me, I'm new to adding mutators to the custom trader list. I have no idea where to look to find the weapon pickup files. Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
if you downloaded the pack, got to the SDK (free on steam, in the tools section) and open the actor class browser. load the weapon pack file (i think its the .u file if i remember correctly. there's only one file type that will show up, so find the weapon pack one) and load it. Go to the pickups section of the actor classes, follow it down to weapon pickups, and click on the weapon you want. look in the title bar of the actor class browser to see the package.weapon stuff you need. thats the way i find the names.

Upvote 0
Alright, I understand most of this. But I have no idea what you mean by "Weapon Packages". I don't know how I would add these "Weapon Packages" to the System Packages. I know where the System Packages are in the KillingFloor.ini, that part I get, but what do I put in it so that the client downloads the custom weapon?
Help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Upvote 0
I'm also having some problems! :(
My custom weapons aren't coming up in the SDK/ActorClasses/Pickups/KFPickups! I've installed the Hunting Rifle, Medic Rifle, Mk23's, and the M99. They were showing up last night when I searched them, but not today... They all still work on their own when I play SP.
Also, I know where the ServerPackages is located in the KillingFloor.ini
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\System
Then it's just in the KillingFloor Configuration Settings, open that, then you scroll down to-

[Engine.GameEngine]
CacheSizeMegs=32
UseSound=True
VoIPAllowVAD=False
ServerActors=IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
ServerActors=UWeb.WebServer
ServerPackages=Core
ServerPackages=Engine
ServerPackages=Fire
ServerPackages=Editor
ServerPackages=IpDrv
ServerPackages=UWeb
ServerPackages=GamePlay
ServerPackages=UnrealGame
ServerPackages=XGame
ServerPackages=XInterface
ServerPackages=GUI2K4
ServerPackages=xVoting
UseStaticMeshBatching=True
ColorHighDetailMeshes=False
ColorSlowCollisionMeshes=False
ColorNoCollisionMeshes=False
ColorWorldTextures=False
ColorPlayerAndWeaponTextures=False
ColorInterfaceTextures=False
MainMenuClass=KFGUI.KFMainMenu
ConnectingMenuClass=GUI2K4.UT2K4ServerLoading
DisconnectMenuClass=KFGUI.KFDisconnectPage
SinglePlayerMenuClass=KFGUI.KFMainMenu
InstantActionMenuClass=KFGUI.KFMainMenu
LoadingClass=ROInterface.ROServerLoading
ServerPackages=ROEffects
ServerPackages=ROEngine
ServerPackages=ROInterface
ServerPackages=KFMod
ServerPackages=KFChar

My problem is, what are "Weapon Packages"?! And how do I add them to the "ServerPackages" so that when people join my listen server they will download the weapon files so that they can use them in the custom trader?

Upvote 0
its working offline :

add this to KFCustomShopMutV2.ini ( just replace it with this)

[KFCustomShopMutV2.KFCustomShopMutB]
WeaponForSale=KFMod.ShotgunPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.BoomStickPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.LAWPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.AA12Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.SinglePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.DualiesPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.DeaglePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.DualDeaglePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.WinchesterPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.CrossbowPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.M14EBRPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.BullpupPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.AK47Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.SCARMK17Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.KnifePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.MachetePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.AxePickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.ChainsawPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.KatanaPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.FlameThrowerPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.MAC10Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.PipeBombPickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.M79Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.M32Pickup
WeaponForSale=BDHuntingRifleB2.Hunting_RiflePickup
WeaponForSale=MachinePistol.MachinePistolPickup
WeaponForSale=KFWeaponPack-BETA-V48.M7A3MPickup
WeaponForSale=KFWeaponPack-BETA-V48.MK23Pickup
WeaponForSale=KFMod.MP7MPickup
WeaponForSale=KFWeaponPack-BETA-V48.DualMK23Pickup

and add this to killingfloor.ini (after the line ServerPackages=KFMod) :

ServerPackages=KFWeaponPack-BETA-V48
ServerPackages=BDHuntingRifleB2
ServerPackages=KFDualMP7Mut
ServerPackages=MachinePistol

Only add the KFCustomShopMutV2 mutator to the server mutator list and your done.

EDIT : Code works!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ServerPackages=KFWeaponPack-BETA-V48
ServerPackages=BDHuntingRifleB2
ServerPackages=KFDualMP7Mut
ServerPackages=MachinePistol

Note:

So people can actually DIY with other weapons.

1) Open UCL file for the weapon you are adding with notepad.
2) Go to the third line (weapon=)
3) It should look like this:
Weapon=(ClassName=BDHuntingRifleB2.HUNTING_RIFLE,PickupClassName=BDHuntingRifleB2.Hunting_RiflePickup,AttachmentClassName=BDHuntingRifleB2.Hunting_RifleAttachment,FriendlyName=BDHuntingRifleB2.HUNTING_RIFLE.ItemName,Description=BDHuntingRifleB2.HUNTING_RIFLE.Description,FallbackName="Hunting Rifle",FallbackDesc="A recreational hunting weapon, featuring a firing trigger and a powerful integrated scope. ")
4) Take out the bolded part. Remember, your pickups should always look like MUTATOR_NAME.SOMETHINGRELEVENTPickup. If you have a comma in there, you're doing it wrong.
5) Put that in your custom trader file.

6) Go to Killingfloor.ini and open it with notepad
7) Scroll down to ServerPackages= and add your own line of that
8) Add the package file. Basically, for weapons you just want to take out the part BEFORE the period in your custom trader entry, like so:
BDHuntingRifleB2.Hunting_RiflePickup

Note: You will see the bolded text SEVERAL times in the .ucl so that's how you can tell what to add and if it's the right thing to add.

ps: I had to figure most of this out myself after hours of searching the forums because no one has posted it so, POSTING IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE. (Mostly the server packages thing).

I saw one post by I think C.gibby that hinted me where to go but it wasn't clear. "Add the first part of the mutator name there I think". It was something like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've reached 50 weapons now... is there a way to add more? :D

LOL pm'd Yoshiro to see if the Team could patch it to 150 or higher :)

how do i get this to work in conjunction with marco's server perks and ijc weaponpack all at once?

It should work without a hitch with Marco's serverperks mod. Find the IJCWeaponPack pickups name and add them to the Custom Trader mut ini list and don't run the activator.
Make sure you have all of the required packages in your ServerPackages in the KF.ini file.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
seal perks and weapons

seal perks and weapons

hey friends im new here, and need some help

id like to add on custom shopping the special weapons of seal perks, but i cant find the name of the classnamepickup of the weapons...
i would like to add the following weapons:
Ice katana
Derformer launcher
modifier Scar
biolauncher

I alredy added the pipeweaponv1 on serverpackage but i dont know the line to add on custom shoopping can u guys help me
i wrote this cause saw in a server those weapons available on custom shopping...
can u guys help me?
all thx

Upvote 0