• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Custom Shop Mutator...

If that is your latest version I can say it won't work in multiplayer.
Each player will only see their local settings for the weaponlist (meaning most/all players will see default list because they don't have mutator installed and same INI file as on the server).
This is simply because there is no network replication in this mutator for the weapon list.

I would recommend you get that fixed before you apply for whitelisting.

Big thank you Marco. I never actually understood what the second file in the code you sent me was for, but I understand now, it's for replication, so I have now used your version, tested it and it works fine.

First link updated and also available here: http://www.filefront.com/17582886/KFCustomTraderMutV2.rar/

Please note, if the client does not have the weapon files, they will not show in the trader, so Server Admins, please add the weapon packages to your ServerPackages, so they can be pushed to the client before play.

I have tested it with the SA80, Dual MP7's and the PPSH and everything works fine:

Without the regular weapons included

CustomTraderListCustom2.jpg

With the regular weapons

CustomTraderList.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As for static string arrays you should be careful with them as they may fail if the buffer overflows (ends up to be too long packet to send to client).

Are you sure about that? I find it hard to believe that the networking of such an engine would be so flimsy as to not handle limiting of data per packet (which I know already happens for most things, but perhaps not this?). If you could link me to some information on this that'd be great.

Upvote 0
Hey Demon, so glad you all like it.

You can have a maximum of 50 weapons, so if you start to run out of spaces, you can replace the original weapons.
If this does prove as fruitful as I am hoping, then with a little nudge, TWI may change the maximum value but due to the lack of current weapon mods available, I doubt this will be necessary for quite a while yet.

Reactions: arramus
Upvote 0
Is there a in game command to list the weapons or must I decompile the mutator to find the proper weapon name?

Request: Would it be out of the question to have a party pack with all available custom weapons loaded? Proper credits given to the creators of course. It would be great to showcase what the mod can do and promote usage of weapons deep inside the forums.

Upvote 0
This mutator works awesomely fine!

But i have an unrelated question to ask, how do you change the prices of the guns?

My SA80 costs 600, but in your screenshot it costs $2000

Hey GoodBlaster, either it is a different version than the one I used from the WTF mutator..or....because your current perks now work with this mut, it may have reduced the price depending on what perk you are using.

I'll have a test later and let you know.

Actually that gives me the opportunity to let everyone know, that the safelist should now cover any weapon (new or old) that is added to this list, meaning , you will not be able to level up on your perks but you will be able to reap the benefits from your regular perks!

So again, this mutator has not just negated the need for additional mutators, it has also saved the trouble of all new weapons requiring submission to the 'safelist'

@TWI will this be an issue?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey GoodBlaster, either it is a different version than the one I used from the WTF mutator..or....because your current perks now work with this mut, it may have reduced the price depending on what perk you are using.

I'll have a test later and let you know.

Actually that gives me the opportunity to let everyone know, that the safelist should now cover any weapon (new or old) that is added to this list, meaning , you will not be able to level up on your perks but you will be able to reap the benefits from your regular perks!

So again, this mutator has not just negated the need for additional mutators, it has also saved the trouble of all new weapons requiring submission to the 'safelist'

Oh, i did not use the SA80 from the WTFmut but from YoYoBatty's thread!
I see, thanks.

Upvote 0

I hope this isn't the case, since anyone could just add a weapon with code in it to alter their stats, if it doesn't have to be safelisted first.

Upvote 0
I want to use this mod to control all the weaps i've downloaded, but they don't appear in the trader. PLZ help! I went to the KF SDK opened the actor classes and loaded the .u files from the weapon packs i've downloaded (and the WTF mutator). I go in thru pickups, weapons blahblahblah, get to the weapon i want and click it. at the top of the actor class menu i get a title of a weapon, say WTF.WFTEquipSA80Pickup. I type it character for character in the configure screen when activating the cust.trader mod ingame. I got the PPSH mod and the M7A3 to work, but they were 2 of the 5 i put in. What am i doing wrong?

Upvote 0