• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 custom music

CommanderShepard

Jul 2, 2014
EDIT: I whined too soon I found that team info class can probably do it :p. But still i would like to know the correct way

HI, I'm working on new game type mod! I have my custom gameinfo classes underway. I intend to change the background music.

What I find digging inside the code is that the ROPlayerController class is responsible for handling the music playback based on current team morale.

sadly the function that is responsible to do this is:

native final function UpdateMoraleMusicTrack(MusicTrackStruct newMusicTrack)

As we can see the function is native (No chance of getting there :( ) and also its declared final :mad: which means It cannot be modified to say avoid the native code or anything. So apparently the native code calls this function to set the current music playing.

But since we cannot override it or modify it there seems no way to get custom background music in the game (or is there? :rolleyes:)

I would be glad if any developer can explain why its that way and maybe if there is some other way to get custom music track going.

Last edited: