• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Custom Maps

jackyle

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 7, 2006
Connecticut
What are the really good custom maps?

I have played Orel, and it is amazing. I saw a few screens of ones that looked amazing like RO-Last Battle II, Lazur, Budapest, and a few others. Just wondering what customs others like, and if you know where some are played maybe posting the server.

Also are there servers that run full map rotations rather than voting. I want to play Rakowice, and Barashka nad never get to because htey are never voted for. Very frustrating.

RO is just an amazing game.

Last edited:
jackyle said:

I have played Orel, and it is amazing. I saw a few screens of ones that looked amazing like RO-Last Battle II, Lazur, Budapest, and a few others. Just wondering what customs others like, and if you know where some are played maybe posting the server.

Also are there servers that run ful map rotations rather than voting. I want to play Rakowice, and Barashka nad never get to because htey are never voted for. Very frustrating.

agreed, Rakowice and Barashka don't get nearly enough play, especially Barashka. Orel is a hot custom for sure. you will find that many of the customs are more of the same linear-battle infantry-only snooze-festivals.

if you like Orel, Barashka, and Rakowice, watch for this custom, sure to be the hottest thing around when it comes out:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9335

mark my words. :D

Upvote 0
jackyle said:

Also are there servers that run full map rotations rather than voting. I want to play Rakowice, and Barashka nad never get to because htey are never voted for. Very frustrating.

We "were" running full rotation.... but got hollered at for not having voting on.

Rakowice and Barashka are fun maps that have BOTH Tanks and Infantry.

We have all the current maps in rotation but also offer voting. I'm doing so as a test if I find the voting is abused (as it elsewhere)... I'll turn it off again. I felt it was worth a try.

Slyk's work is among the best Heinz... I know, I've played every map he's created. He does good work.

Upvote 0