• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Custom Map Config File

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
In the next update we are adding functionality so that the game will check for a custom config for user made maps to know what gametypes they support and properly display them in the main menu and webadmin for such.

To address this in Steam workshop, a mapper will need to add that block to a new .ini file ([drive]\Users[user]\Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Config\Config\KFWorksho pMapSummary.ini) and include that .ini file during cooking. They will need to create a new "Config" directory in their "Config" directory (We know...), and then add KFWorkshopMapSummary.ini to their new directory, and then add that block to their new .ini file.

[[MAP_NAME_HERE] KFMapSummary]
MapName=[MAP_NAME_HERE]
MapAssociation=0
ScreenshotPathName=UI_MapPreview_TEX.UI_MapPreview _Airship
bPlayableInSurvival=True
bPlayableInWeekly=True
bPlayableInVsSurvival=True
bPlayableInEndless=True
bPlayableInObjective=False

Last edited:

Delta69er

Sep 13, 2017
I have a couple of questions:
  1. Whats the implication for this on the current World Infos - We currently set supported game types in there - does this impact it at all; ie does this aim to replace it? And if so what purpose will those supported game types in World Info serve (if any)?
  2. Theres a path for screenshots - how will we integrate custom screenshots for our maps - loading the entire map just for a screenshot seems like it wont be feasible (and nto suggesting we should) - Will providing a separate .UPK with the upload of the map allow us to provide a custom Screenshot/Map Preview for our map? Or will there be another method available?
  3. How does this impact custom gamemodes - will this give us the option to specify what gamemode our own custom gamemode is more like (as requested before: https://forums.tripwireinteractive....kfseqevent_levelloaded-results-in-broken-maps )?

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
I've pinged those questions along, will update when I get responses.