• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound |Custom|For Characters,Whitelisted?,tutorial?!

phixxion

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2011
Mtl
Hi there :D
I Was wondering one thing ( i know its possible ). Doing a voice acting for all the characters. And would it interfer with perks and achivements.

My friend was wondering if he could dub all the craracter voices. He got the studio and stuff ... So im not worried about this thing. More about the perks and all those stuff.

I found some parts of tutorial: How to and stuff but, non official tutorial, not enought to work with,sadly (coding and stuff).

If someone could help me with these questions that would be very appreciate.

Thx :D

Last edited:
Ok, well I'll help you with the first bit.

Record and edit your audio clips.
-WAV 44.1kHz 16bit

Open up the Killing Floor SDK (Steam -> Tools)

In the asset browser go to sounds
File -> Import
Select the files you want to import, one or all.

Name the package something unique and easy to remember. 'phixvoice' for example.

Group isn't needed but handy for organising. Insults, Acknowledge, Directions.

If you have named your files appropratly before hand you can now just click 'OK All'

Now go File -> Save and save the package.

You now have phixvoice.uax which the game can now read.

Then it's onto coding.

Upvote 0
Ok, well I'll help you with the first bit.

Record and edit your audio clips.
-WAV 44.1kHz 16bit

Open up the Killing Floor SDK (Steam -> Tools)

In the asset browser go to sounds
File -> Import
Select the files you want to import, one or all.

Name the package something unique and easy to remember. 'phixvoice' for example.

Group isn't needed but handy for organising. Insults, Acknowledge, Directions.

If you have named your files appropratly before hand you can now just click 'OK All'

Now go File -> Save and save the package.

You now have phixvoice.uax which the game can now read.

Then it's onto coding.
here is my actual project redirected to coding section like ro_sauce told me. Kind of big but once i start i wont leave this project on the side. ( im sure im not the only one who wants to do this )
And once its completed i will create a full Tutorial dedicated to this thread, so people would be able to make this happend on their own :D

Here is my thread Start :http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=73540

Thx for the help Gartley. But my objectif its not to make it permanent, just a temp audio file from server to client. once the client leave the server the actual game come back to the normal state :D But to start with i will use this for the recording till i get more help.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No mutator is automatically whitelisted upon creation. Even if it's just something that changes sounds it'll still have to undergo a code audit to confirm that.
i was actually expecting an awnser like this, and i accept the procedure that comes with. But for now i want to be able to start the recording session, but after what is my next objectif.

Upvote 0
Even knowing it might get on greylisted or not, its a project i would like to accomplish. Im awared of the future of it, but might be usefull for the next generation.

1st to know more and being able to put my theories in practice. And for the rest, only the future knows...

Yup like u said, no 'Actual' mutator has been placed, but changing the voices is already in use (Still havent seen it on any server yet ( Seen with Glados ). And would probably be helpfull with New Map editors, or else.

If u have any clues or direction that i should start with, im up to give a shot.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When you create a new char you can create a new voice pack. Using Marco's ServerPerks or Flux's Character Replacement mut (and other means).

As for the existing chars themselves. In theory a mutator should do the trick. Just open up the KFPlayerSpecies(?) file to see what controls the voice packs.
Actually mine and Marco's character codes use the same as what TWI has used for their characters. Inside the .upl (for TWI characters) there is "VoiceClassName=KFMod.KFVoicePack" for example. For what I know of, these are impossible to replace as it's a .upl file and all clients have their own version which will override any server version. Im not sure if there is a way of setting all character default voice to a specific voicepack but that means all characters are the same...

Upvote 0