• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Custom Characters

NOD

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 6, 2009
Don't know if this has ever been discussed before but I'll cut straight to the chase.. I would like to introduce a custom character creation feature. Now you will still have all the default/dlc characters but an option where you have different parts of the body (i.e head, torso, arms, legs, etc) that are customizable. There is also the color bars where you can custom color one or several parts of the limbs. I believe the game can get very stagnant and maybe a little customization will cook things up so the game doesn't slowly die out? Also, TW can sell new limbs in different dlc packs for customization, knowing people will want to show off their personal character they would probably die to have something like this. I thought the game can get stale at times imo so I feel this would be an excellent idea. And if TW is up to it, allow a custom color bar for the guns.

Don't know if this has ever been discussed before but I'll cut straight to the chase.. I would like to introduce a custom character creation feature. Now you will still have all the default/dlc characters but an option where you have different parts of the body (i.e head, torso, arms, legs, etc) that are customizable. There is also the color bars where you can custom color one or several parts of the limbs. I believe the game can get very stagnant and maybe a little customization will cook things up so the game doesn't slowly die out? Also, TW can sell new limbs in different dlc packs for customization, knowing people will want to show off their personal character they would probably die to have something like this. I thought the game can get stale at times imo so I feel this would be an excellent idea. And if TW is up to it, allow a custom color bar for the guns.

Wonder if TWI would consider a community skinning competition, where you could pick your usual charachter but have maybe 2 or 3 skins to choose from. I've seen some of the skins that people have put up somewhere in this forum and they look freaking awesome! :)

Upvote 0
custom characters

custom characters

I agree, i think a character custimisation would be awesome. they give you a set list of character to play, and me personally over half of them are gay. If you were allowed to change things about them would make the game more fun and you would be able to put a lil peice of you in the game. That and a list of vioces you can use beside the lame say vioce for everyone, and gender as well, im pretty sure they are some chick that play the game. And all they can choose is dude characters.

Upvote 0
I agree, any sort of character customization would be nice. It beats having to install skins by replacing/adding files ya know? The original skins can get quite boring or yet add way more chars in future dlc's for like 5$ even. The dlcs for this game are really cheap so ill buy just about anything from them. (*Hopes this will encourage them to release more dlc's*) lol.. The game hasen't had an update and a while and it really is a badass game. Loved it when I first got it, got bored of it, now I love it again sometime later, its just an amazing game if people get their suggestions in and they are accepted!

Upvote 0
Maybe TW would allow a downloadable mod to be used to create custom skins simmilar to the SDK, but for charactor creation. This would be able to be selected like getting evil ryu in the street fighter games. Its just a character select off the normal select screen

this would be nice. i'd still buy the dlc skin packs to support twi even if offered a chance to use customs that don't benefit twi.

Upvote 0