• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Current Roleselection system

i'd personaly favour warmup rounds,where everybody is given a rifle and killing friendlies is allowed till the real round starts. At the moment once the countdown for the real round starts ppl may select their weapons.

A chance system would be equally nice aswell :)

Just because your comp is better already doesn't mean you should get even more of an advantage with easier weaponry to use...

Upvote 0
I can see exactly where the arguement is coming from in relation to picking the class. Many a time I have entered a round already in progress, and I am stuck with a bolt action when everyone else has machine guns (or so it seems). However I dont consider this to be a problem. It just means the round is played differently and I dont go charging into melee situations.

I happen to have a high end PC, which has RO configured to the hilt to give me an average map load time of roughly fifteen seconds. It is very rare that I ever choose the Sniper or MG. Just because I have a so called uber PC doesnt mean to say I will choose the classes that some people think is highly desireable. In fact during a round I will swap and change my class (if any are available) depending on which part of the map I am in.

I think the system is fine as is. If people want to be able to allocate classes more fairly, then I would possibly suggest joining a clan, whereby it is more likely that they will be able to successfully request a class they wish to use.

At the end of the day, on a public server, I dont think anything should be done to limit my choices. Heaven forbid if I was forced to be sniper all of the time due to a lottery system - because my team would not deserve my lack of skill. :)

Upvote 0
Well,I'm just using the sniper rifle as a example,and even though I like to snipe on some maps,I usually choose a rifle over SMG's or other weapons;
but back the the original discussion.

I do benefit from the current role-selection system,and I think first-come first served is the best way to do it;if people dont want to invest in a better machine for their own playing pleasure,why should we,who did have to bare with people who dont want to?

There is a million ways to earn the money,so if games and roles mean enough to you that you want to post threads here go do some work and get yourself better hardware...

Upvote 0
The best way to deal weapons would be by points. More points, higher priority to select. When the server changes map it should remember points from the last round. It would also be quite balanced, because good players can get into key positions but it would be hard enough to keep them (f.ex. snipers usually don't get that much cap points.) It would give everyone chance to earn their weapon, and eliminate the problem of total newbies with fast computers in key roles. Also capping, re-supplying and teamplay would be encouraged because points start to mean something, unlike now when people just do their own things and run around.

Upvote 0
The current system works fine.

To paraphrase Mick Jagger, you can't always get what you want, but you ALWAYS get what you need.

The bolt action is, on most maps, perfectly useful. If you're a Russian player on a late war map, you've got THREE to choose from, and the M44 is probably the best of all worlds since we really don't have infantry engagements at ranges where the longer barrel on the 91/30 makes a difference that often.

Are other weapons easier to use? Sure. The semis are the best weapons of all, especially the SVT-40 (bayonet, rapid fire, accuracy, high magazine capacity). The STG44 is the ideal compromise between a full longarm and an SMG.

The thing is, the sniper rifle and MG are NOT uber weapons. It all depends on the situation and how you tend to play. If you just want to sit back and plink away at people instead of capturing a position, then sure, the sniper weapon is ideal on a map where you can do so largely unmolested. But there's definitely maps on which the sniper is NOT ideal to my personal playstyle and I'd much rather have a semi auto or boltie. Or an SMG.

It's all situational, really. But that's why the current system works fine. People can learn to use the bolties. I think people just need to get over the sniper fetish.

Upvote 0
The sniper rifle is just an example...
And if you dont have the money to do the same,well why should I suffer because of that?
Work for it if its so important to you...

***ALARM ALARM*** SUPERDICKERY WARNING ***ALARM ALARM***

So you suffer if someone with less capable PC gets the sniper rifle for a change? Oh poor you, what a terrible life you must have!

Once again we see that class struggle is basis of all wars and conflicts.

Upvote 0
The best way to deal weapons would be by points. More points, higher priority to select. When the server changes map it should remember points from the last round. It would also be quite balanced, because good players can get into key positions but it would be hard enough to keep them (f.ex. snipers usually don't get that much cap points.) It would give everyone chance to earn their weapon, and eliminate the problem of total newbies with fast computers in key roles. Also capping, re-supplying and teamplay would be encouraged because points start to mean something, unlike now when people just do their own things and run around.

No way. Want to know why? Because your points don't mean a damn thing. You can be one of the best players on a map and still have one of the lowest scores. You can be doing all sorts of valuable things for your team without ever even firing a shot. Just because someone gets a lot of kills doesn't make them a good player. A good shot, maybe, but not necessarily a good player. And there's plenty of things that AREN'T tracked points-wise that come into play.

Just leave it as it is. The bolties are plenty useful if you're willing to be patient and play to their strengths.

Upvote 0
I like the idea.
It does not have to be a lottery, but maybe something that does the same.

But to all of you rich kids who have a high end PC and say "haha - I rule you not, letz keep it that way!" I just have to say GROW UP!!!

Its a G-A-M-E, and in games everyone should have (more or less) the same chance:
in formula 1 racing (or Indycar for you US) also all cars drive within the same class.
you have some cars which have 800 hp, and maybe some have 900 hp, but you wont find a car which has 300 hp. :rolleyes:

so for gods sake, equal right to all players! :mad:

Upvote 0
***ALARM ALARM*** SUPERDICKERY WARNING ***ALARM ALARM***

So you suffer if someone with less capable PC gets the sniper rifle for a change? Oh poor you, what a terrible life you must have!

Once again we see that class struggle is basis of all wars and conflicts.

Oh and Rss,I just took the sniper rifle as an example;
you cant expect to have the same gameplay experience with a 400MHz machine
like a person with a 3.5 Athlon,the sooner you realise that the better...
It may be harsh or even unfair,but thats how it is...

Upvote 0
Wow............... These ideas are terrible.

A lottery could keep a skilled sniper out of the sniper slot, and instead he's stuck with a SMG while some CS kiddie tries to no-scope his way around Lyeskrovy.

Leave it the way it is.

I worked for two summers to buy my rig.

So yes, I feel that given the chance, I do get priority.

Should we create high pings for those with T1 connections so that dial-up can compete?

Please, answer that. It isn't different. Just answer it without sounding stupid.

Upvote 0