• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PsychoPigeon

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006
In Unreal
Story

The ARVN 1st Division and local Viet Cong forces fight for control over the white sandy beaches of the Cua Viet along with its picturesque rice farms and villages, in northern Quang Tri Province. Players will find themselves in a large, immersive, painstakingly hand-crafted landscape that features new props and landmarks. In addition, there's a new gameplay feature that changes how Supremacy is played with teams now able to spawn on their most forward captured objectives, creating more tug-of-war battles and a feeling of progression as both teams fight their way through the map with the goal of encircling their enemy home base.

Forward Spawning

For those interested, this is how the spawn system works for Supremacy in this map. The spawns are tied-in with the objective links, so your most furthest objective that is still connected to your Home Base will have a spawn attached. This spawn has a volume around it that will deactivate the spawn if an enemy troop enters, and the spawn will fallback to your second most furthest objective and so on. When the enemy leave the volume and you still control that objective it will reactivate the spawn again. This ensures that objectives are contested over in a fair way and not impossible to take.

Each team still has a spawn at their Home Base which is activate throughout the whole game, just in case they need to defend it or they have no other spawn options. This is a back up spawn only to be used in certain circumstances while the forward spawns keep players in the action.

Forward spawns are dangerous, and it's something players will have to learn to use wisely. They are susceptible to air and artillery attack just like squad leader or tunnel spawns.

Downloads

Direct Download: Link

Steam Workshop: Link

Screenshots Link

Last edited:
I made some progress with the church, the side walls are finished and what I have left to do is the back wall, and front area which also includes the church tower that players will be able to climb up into and use as a sniper position that overlooks the ricefields and villages. Should be a lot of fun shooting at helicopters flying past!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've been away for a couple of weeks, I'm back now and have started on the damage pass on the Church objective, also adding gameplay and detail. This was definitely a larger task than I thought it would be but it's good modelling practice.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
This weekend I've been working on the facade, creating new meshes and arranging composition. Something I'd like to achieve with this map is to create a believable boundary, I want the gameplay area to blend into the edges of the map and make it look like the landscape goes on beyond what the player can see. There will be a large air space for helicopters to fly without worrying about red screens, if they want to break contact and try approaching from a different angle I want to give the pilot that option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: Beskar Mando
Upvote 0