• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CryoMaster Perk

WestX

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 11, 2019
Seeing the new Ice Revolvers gave me an idea, why not add in a new class based around Ice weapons? I mean of course you'd have to add in some more ice weapons to fill out the class but considering the Ice Revolvers are a reskin, I don't think more reskins would be that hard.

Here's a few ideas for weapons,

1. Ice SMG, this could be anything from the Tommy gun, to a modified MP7, with a unique small ice explosion on every bullet that doesn't do much damage but

2. Ice Explosive weapon, maybe something like a grenade launcher that shoots freeze grenades.

3. Ice version of the Demolitionist Pistol, that pistol kind of sucks, but if you changed it so that it shot out Ice shards that penetrate enemies it could be fun to use. Could maybe be the starting weapon for the class.

4. For the Knife, why not just go with an Ice Pick?

5. A sniper Rifle that fires a Giant Ice Chunk that upon impact shatters into ice shards like the Rhino Revolvers.

Now for the Grenade for the class, I think you could take the ice grenade from the Sharpshooter and give it to this class, and then give the Sharpshooter a new grenade. How about a Sonic Grenade for the Sharpshooter with the unique ability to destroy Zed explosives during the very short time it explodes?

Stat Buffs. I think the class's built in stats could be,

1. Reduced Time to Freeze Zeds.

2. Increased Damage to Cold Zeds i.e. Zeds who are frozen or are in the Process of being frozen.

3. Reduced Damage taken from Bloat Bile and Sonic Attacks.

4. Increased Ammo Storage for Perk Weapons. (Not Clip capacity, but actual ammo reserves)

The Perks you could have for leveling up (Not in any particular order, so don't take these as what would be at specifically Level 5, 10, 15, 20, just that these could fit in anywhere.

1. Frozen Zeds leave behind a Cryo cloud upon death slowing and damaging other Zeds who pass through it.

2. You take 25% less damage from Partially Frozen Zeds. (Could maybe make this one of the class stats instead.)

3. Increase Damage of Perk weapons by 20%, but increase the time it takes to freeze Zeds. (Could maybe increase the damage boost further this is just an example.)

4. Freeze grenade now leaves behind a cryo cloud that slows or damages Zeds who pass through it.

5. You deal 20% more damage while wearing armor, call it Cryostasis suit or something like that.

6. Killing Frozen Zeds can extend Zed Time by up to 5 times. Let out a Freeze Explosion that instantly freezes all zeds around you.

7. Killing Frozen Zeds can extend Zed Time by up to 5 times, shoot in near real time and your perk weapons deal additional poison damage.

8. Perk weapons deal additional poison damage based on how frozen a Zed is, dealing max poison damage to a fully frozen Zed.

This is just everything I came up with on my own and all of it is open to criticism or more ideas.