• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CryEngine 3 Enemy Front Light and Shadown Bug

Raven1986

Grizzled Veteran
May 24, 2014
Hello friends,

I purchased Enemy Front a while back. My issue is it seems I'm somewhat running around with a light emitting source on my character's head. Whenever there is shadow or dark areas and I get close the area becomes lit. I'm running the game at 3840x2160 (4K) with full details on a Palit GTX 1080.
I did record a small sample of the issue with Shadow Play. Short clip show casting the light and shadow issue I have with Enemy Front.

I have been doing da google for several days now but no forums entry or youtube video matched my specific problem. I tried different detail settings to no avail.

I'd be grateful if someone knows and shares the solution to this bug.

Many thanks
Regards
Raven

Okay found the solution to it. The shadow quality had to be reduced to "low" in order to make this graphics bug disappear.

If you would like to play the game maxed out at 4K without shadows and lighting rendering artefacts, the real solution is to perform the following steps:

1) Launch the game.
2) In the main starting menu, set all the graphics settings to their maximum value.
3) In the main starting menu, set the resolution to 1920x1080.
4) Load the relevant mission/level.
5) Set the resolution back to 4K.

Voila', the artefacts are gone!

Cheers!

Upvote 0