• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crucible event schedule

There will be maps from Thursday?

Looks like we're going to miss today. But to answer your question: I will consider requests from any of you regulars who wish to focus on certain maps for awhile. Right now, I'm trying to mix 'em up. But I pay serious attention to the wishes of the mappers and the regulars. If you have ideas or preferences, go ahead and post 'em here. I'll accommodate folks as long as things don't get too redundant. Talk to me.

Upvote 0
:)

I'm going to try a short term experiment. While Crucible continues to be a popular server the current interest in OGG events has kind of gone flat.

We also have nearly forty custom maps. A list that size each session can be
almost over-choice. So... until the new update is released I'm going to split the
list into two groups of 19 assorted custom maps to be rotated daily.

This should reduce the number of choices to read through each session but still
include enough variety to make folks happy.

We'll see how it goes.

Best wishes,

Sajer

Upvote 0
:)

I restricted the map list to a selection of recent maps for most of Sat & Sun.
Hopefully many got a chance to look them over. I played a round or two with Twrecks on his Yakovlevo_CA map. A very nice piece of work. The behavior of the AI in the CA mode is really smooth. The ebb and flow can be very dynamic. With sufficient numbers this map will be great fun.

Going forward, I think I will put in place a selected map list each Saturday around 2pm US EST. I will leave it up much of the day so that folks can focus on and become familiar with the maps in smaller groups. Our full custom list is growing much larger now. Some 34 maps are available to choose from.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
... I played a round or two with Twrecks on his Yakovlevo_CA map. A very nice piece of work. The behavior of the AI in the CA mode is really smooth. The ebb and flow can be very dynamic. With sufficient numbers this map will be great fun...

Thanks for hosting my map, and positive feedback :)

What RO2 needs desperately is commands to get bots to enter/exit transports! Also being able to use enemy transports that have been abandoned would be cool. Of course you may draw friendly fire :D

Upvote 0