• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crucible event schedule

Thank you G_Sajer :)

Got to play Yak several times this weekend on Crucible. I think the big open spaces scare a lot of players. Those that were able to wrap their melons around using tanks and transports enjoyed the map.

The map does need some more optimization. Even though the FPS is decent for me, many players I encountered don't have good hardware and find it hard to play, running away to Appartments for the next round :p

Upvote 0
Thank you G_Sajer :)

Got to play Yak several times this weekend on Crucible. I think the big open spaces scare a lot of players. Those that were able to wrap their melons around using tanks and transports enjoyed the map.

The map does need some more optimization. Even though the FPS is decent for me, many players I encountered don't have good hardware and find it hard to play, running away to Appartments for the next round :p

:cool: I love the scope of your maps. It allows for tank duels at range using the range-finder. Folks need to explore this because it pretty well reflects actual battle conditions on the Steppe. I really wish folks would stop being afraid of tanks. People would be surprised how effectively they can be controlled with a little practice. And once you understand the concepts of "hull angle" and "hull down" one can resist damage more effectively while dealing it out.

As for hardware, I've been harping about that for years. Guys need to realize that gaming on this level requires good tools. You don't bring a 1952 DeSoto to a formula 1 race and cry about coming in 30 laps behind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:)

This afternoon Crucible will have a reduced list of ten maps for both RS and HOS. Some are recently updated, others are familiar favorites. Join us if you can.

TE-Yakovlevo_CA
TE-ButovoB14
TE-Werchne-Kumski
TE-BlackDayJuly
TE-FallenFighter_1942
TE-BarashkaWinter-R1
RSTE-Bataan
RSTE-Stream
RSTE-WakeIsland_1944
RSTE-KitaJimaV11

Upvote 0
:D

Gotta tell you, I was pleasantly surprised yesterday to observe that Crucible had spiked from the early afternoon. The public participation didn't settle down until 4am today. I looked over the list of player names and saw some who we're familiar and and many who were not. It's as though a celebrity had come in. Must've been the update? Whatever the cause, They sure seemed to be enjoying the maps. In less than 24 hours Crucible moved from 68th to 54th internationally. Many thanks for your participation players. I think you'll like our selection.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Just a note of thanks to the public.

As soon as it was clear that the redirect was back in good order, I again experimented with a reduced map list featuring recent updates and favorites. Today, I did a short list of Combined Arms maps. Your participation was very gratifying. I will do similar specialized lists from time to time, particularly on Sat & Sun. If any of you are fond of a particular map to be featured during these reduced lists, please feel free to suggest them here.

Upvote 0

Crucible had another good week of growing public participation. We got a number of new maps and updates. My goal is to get the server in the top 50 on GT and have it stay there. We're currently in the 60s, but moving in the right direction. Many thanks to the pubbies.

On Sat and Sun I will again do a limited map list during the day so that folks can focus on new and updated selections.

Best wishes,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The week is starting out well. Crucible is at 63 in the world according to GT. It has held for a couple of days. Crucible now has (and I want to emphasize this) a nearly 24 hour following of pubbies. The numbers are small, but the participation is near constant and it is an indication that folks who wish to engage in custom maps will and can get off to a start at most any time with at least a few people in the server. This is a very good sign because folks can come here most any time in the 24 clock and find human opponents. I'm not trying to blow it out of proportion, but compared to say, three months ago it is a clear indication that this server is beginning to stick to the wall. My overnight public participation is very encouraging. I''m assuming East Europe or Russia. Possibly China. It's all good. I'm grateful to the pubbies to finally have embraced custom maps. TWI has made a real effort to make the redirect faster and more robust. There is little reason to avoid custom maps any longer.

Best wishes...

Upvote 0