• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

crosshair convert

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
I was just curious if anyone else felt this way. I've only been playing RO since this edition Mar. 15th and pretty much have played nothing since. Oh yeah, played FEAR singleplayer and recently checked out DOD again when new maps were released but that lasted 2min. Outside that 5months straight RO.

Now I can't play games with crosshairs. Drives me nuts. I'm too used to ironsights and love it now that I'm converted. Couldn't stand it at first but now I think more people should force themselves to play through until you can't stand crosshairs. much more natural adding to realism.

Tripwire, your ROOST has ruined it for me to play other games with crosshairs in them.................. THANK-YOU:D

Nice point. I first turned off my compass and wraped my head around where I was cause I thought in combat, how often would I really whip out my compass. Next I turned off the rest and started counting amo in my head as well as I know when I'm hit. I don't need to look where. All this has greatly enriched my gameplay and built confidence.

Upvote 0
I LOVE how in this game, as you look left or right, the aim moves from left to right

I am more of an SMG user... and I am getting pretty good at the hip shooting.

If one would have a crossair in RO, unlike any other game, it would obviously move... and NO I AM NOT ASKING FOR IT

Just comparing to all the other games who have the guns totally Fixed.

Upvote 0
Oh, OH. You're asking for it alright. And you're going to get it. *smacks a club into his palm*

Sorry, a little too much thug in my Sprite. But yeah, RO makes it hard to play other shooters. I don't have a problem with the crosshairs, really, but I move too slow for other shooters now, even DoD Source. LOL. About all I can do is Ghost Recon (the GOOD, non-GRAW one) and the R6 series (pre-Raven Shield, of course).

Upvote 0
After a good killing spree hip shooting with a bolt-action, you'll never want a cross-hair again.

Now if they'd only work on the dive to iron sight thing, as it is now if you want to win you need to leave some stamina left so you can sprint and dive whenever you see an enemy appear.

Upvote 0
If one would have a crossair in RO, unlike any other game, it would obviously move... and NO I AM NOT ASKING FOR IT
Well, yeah, RO's current system that allows the gunpoint to move within the screenview is just like in Operation Flashpoint. If you enable it in OPF, the crosshair moves freely within the view to show the actual point where you're aiming.

And, no, I'm not asking for it either; crosshair has no place in Red Orchestra... :)

Upvote 0
RO stole my gaming virginity and made off with it, setting alight my village and pillaging my belongings, bellowing incoherently as it departed, in some crazy moon language that made me bring my hands to my face and weep.

Wow...that's...err....graphic.

It didn't rape your sheep did it? Please tell me it didn't rape the sheep...

Upvote 0