• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

crosshair convert

I've found that the non-crosshair reaction time required with RO makes you into a terminator when you dip back into other games.
I jumped into a COD:UO game for nostalgia awhile ago...one of those omaha beach maps I think...wiped out two dozen or so with a rifle before I got sniped...and accused of cheating.:mad:
Hip shooting in RO requires a great deal more skill in visually lining up your swaying weapon...in other games it's basically center the target on screen and fire.

Upvote 0
I've found that the non-crosshair reaction time required with RO makes you into a terminator when you dip back into other games.
I jumped into a COD:UO game for nostalgia awhile ago...one of those omaha beach maps I think...wiped out two dozen or so with a rifle before I got sniped...and accused of cheating.:mad:
Hip shooting in RO requires a great deal more skill in visually lining up your swaying weapon...in other games it's basically center the target on screen and fire.

Very true. Playing other shooters is like ROPlayer on steroids. I mess up with the keys here and there but I definately improved my overall FPS skills a lot thanks to RO's no-crosshair concept.

Upvote 0
I was just curious if anyone else felt this way. I've only been playing RO since this edition Mar. 15th and pretty much have played nothing since. Oh yeah, played FEAR singleplayer and recently checked out DOD again when new maps were released but that lasted 2min. Outside that 5months straight RO.

Now I can't play games with crosshairs. Drives me nuts. I'm too used to ironsights and love it now that I'm converted. Couldn't stand it at first but now I think more people should force themselves to play through until you can't stand crosshairs. much more natural adding to realism.

Tripwire, your ROOST has ruined it for me to play other games with crosshairs in them.................. THANK-YOU:D

Haha, yeah i can't either unless they have some sort of iron sights. I saw those crosshairs and i said "what! no iron sights?!" then when i sighted my rifle i had zoom, and i said "No! Back to red orchestra! Sheesh people don't get it do they!"

If they had, Han and Luke would be dead.

Hahaha!

Upvote 0
I keep forgetting about the crosshairs in (recently-reinstalled) BF2 and going IS all the time. Then I remember that it takes more than a couple hits to kill someone (and the farking game still loses 1/3 of the hits and doesn't count them), aiming with IS doesn't really improve accuracy but slows you down so you can't dodge and get hit more.

I also keep forgetting that DICE was too lame to let you lean... No leaning = really friggin annoying. And that they really have no idea what the sight picture on a pistol should be...

I love how RO:O's iron sights, hip-shooting system, and the rest all come together. Perfect package... almost. I wish when we leaned, the sights wouldn't get tipped toward the side we were leaning, but stayed level. Tipping a rifle REALLY throws your accuracy off, since most are sighted to zero windage, but some elevation.. tipping introduces windage that used to be elevation, and reduces elevation, thanks to the zero windage.

Upvote 0
One thing we should remember is that WW2 weapons were a lot heavier then the arms we use today.

Yes the wobble is a tad too strong, but then IRL your arms would get fatigue very quickly too this way. I remember I had to rest my left elbow on my accessories-belt while holding the rifle because after a few minutes of walking around looking through IS the rifle would get heavier and heavier. Until I was under the impression of lifting weights. And also while holding the rifle up looking through IS maked the muscles in my arms burn just like when working out in the gym or similar. After a while control is gone completely and all that is left is a few burning and trembling muscles.

So I think the wobble balances this issue quiet well.

Upvote 0
I keep forgetting about the crosshairs in (recently-reinstalled) BF2 and going IS all the time. Then I remember that it takes more than a couple hits to kill someone (and the farking game still loses 1/3 of the hits and doesn't count them), aiming with IS doesn't really improve accuracy but slows you down so you can't dodge and get hit more.

Personally I wish RO didn't have leaning, because they way it's implemented often you can be shot while barley seeing your oppononent. Usually just the side of a helmet and the tip of the rifle.

And yeah I played a James Bond game with a friend a while ago (console) and with golden guns and jetpacks I could shoot him while he was up in the air, coming down, and strafing :D

Upvote 0