• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crewed tanks should have a HUGE advantage

CaptRanger said:
If you're not a team player, there's a ton of FPS games for you. But, RO was meant to be a realistic FPS and in reality, whether you like it or not, teamwork is key to success in warfare. If you really want to rambo around while mixing in the occasional bits of teamwork you only throw in as an afterthought, then go play BF2.

Who exactly are you calling "not a tream player"?!? :mad:

To CLUE you in on something: Us single player tank drivers "TEAM PLAY" with each other. We use voice Coms to coordinate our attacks so since when is this not "TEAM PLAY"?!?

If sardine canning a tank makes you feel all warm and fuzzy then and you think getting three guys killed instead of one is better for your team then FINE. I could care less. But DO NOT tell the rest of us how we can or should play OUR GAME!

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
Who exactly are you calling "not a tream player"?!? :mad:

To CLUE you in on something: Us single player tank drivers "TEAM PLAY" with each other. We use voice Coms to coordinate our attacks so since when is this not "TEAM PLAY"?!?

If sardine canning a tank makes you feel all warm and fuzzy then and you think getting three guys killed instead of one is better for your team then FINE. I could care less. But DO NOT tell the rest of us how we can or should play OUR GAME!
I still havn't seen a response, from you GonzoX, about the fact you can have 3-4 tanks and 9 tankers. If all tanks would be solo'ed what would happen to those that don't have a tank?
What would happen if YOU are the unlucky one that didn't get a tank? Did you make reservations for your personal tank, btw?

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
I still havn't seen a response, from you GonzoX, about the fact you can have 3-4 tanks and 9 tankers. If all tanks would be solo'ed what would happen to those that don't have a tank?
What would happen if YOU are the unlucky one that didn't get a tank? Did you make reservations for your personal tank, btw?

Funny, I don't remember getting an email from you with that question?
When did you send it?

Are you by any chance getting it in your head that I am somehow a developer. FYI, I am not. I am simply a paying customer, submitting my ideas and opions just like you.

And to answer your question: It's simple. Just like the game does now.

In other words: It's first come first serve. No tanks available then you have two choices. Either wait for one to become available (I do this all the time, no big deal) or pick another class (I also do this all the time, no big deal.)

Pretty simple huh?

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
Funny, I don't remember getting an email from you with that question?
When did you send it?

Are you by any chance getting it in your head that I am somehow a developer. FYI, I am not. I am simply a paying customer, submitting my ideas and opions just like you.

And to answer your question: It's simple. Just like the game does now.

In other words: It's first come first serve. No tanks available then you have two choices. Either wait for one to become available (I do this all the time, no big deal) or pick another class (I also do this all the time, no big deal.)

Pretty simple huh?
I asked the question further back in the thread, but you probably didn't read it... [EDIT] Small rectification. I asked the question in a different thread in the general forum (one of your favorites, titled "Get out of MY tank"). Still I didn't see you respond to it.[/EDIT]
And no, I don't have the idea you are a dev. Your rather sorry posts plainly show that...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
I asked the question further back in the thread, but you probably didn't read it... [EDIT] Small rectification. I asked the question in a different thread in the general forum (one of your favorites, titled "Get out of MY tank"). Still I didn't see you respond to it.[/EDIT]
And no, I don't have the idea you are a dev. Your rather sorry posts plainly show that...

So now you are getting personal? And where does it say that posters are required to answer your questions? What an Ego you have.

Upvote 0
Rrralphster said:
You started being personal by your ME ME ME attitude in contrast to some people's WE WE WE attitude m8...

"ME ME ME attitude".

OMH how lame is that?

OK, first of all let me clue you in on something (once again) so read carefully:

There are many of us that run a tank by oursleves and use voice communication to coordinate our attacks. This is called *TEAMWORK* (Gasp!). You know, that word that "full crew supporters" like to use all the time. T.E.A.M.W.O.R.K.

TEAMWORK is not exclusive to only fully packed tanks. The BEST TEAMWORK I see online is with multiple single manned tanks working together. There is no "ME ME ME" attitude there it's a "WE WE WE" attitude because in case you haven't noticed, there are more than one of us. Many more in fact.

Leave it to people like you to turn this into a personal flame fest because it frustrates you that others do not share your own personal view of the world. All I can say is "Deal with it".

I would suggest to you that you get that chip off your shoulders before this thread is locked.

Upvote 0
Going along with the AI crew idea

Going along with the AI crew idea

How about an AI spotter for a crewed tank? Gunner and commander are (usually) handled by different people, so with 2+ in the tank why not add an AI spotter that can give notice of infantry nearby or a tank crossing at your 3/9? This might require voicework for "Enemy at 3!" Enemy at 9!" etc, but I think it would be a massive improvement. Similar to the Operation Flashpoint system, which helped immensely with situational awareness.

Upvote 0
Saturnalia said:
How about an AI spotter for a crewed tank? Gunner and commander are (usually) handled by different people, so with 2+ in the tank why not add an AI spotter that can give notice of infantry nearby or a tank crossing at your 3/9? This might require voicework for "Enemy at 3!" Enemy at 9!" etc, but I think it would be a massive improvement. Similar to the Operation Flashpoint system, which helped immensely with situational awareness.

That's a good idea but IMHO it would not work because nobody would want to do that job because there is no glory in it.

Just human nature.

What about letting standard infantry do the same thing by riding in the tank and yelling through open ports? Naw, that sounds lame. Never mind.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
Holly Smack, how did I miss that?

Anyway, excellent idea but did they really have these in say a T34 on top of the three crewmen that it had?

And what about say an AI MGer? That's a ho-hum job (but extremely necessary) that might be nicely filled by an AI.

I would imagine the undercrewed turrets get screwed over (T-60, T-34/76). Should also help the Axis gain a bit of a historical advantage in situational awareness. As for the AI machinegunner, so long as you could tell them NOT to fire.

Upvote 0
Saturnalia said:
I would imagine the undercrewed turrets get screwed over (T-60, T-34/76). Should also help the Axis gain a bit of a historical advantage in situational awareness. As for the AI machinegunner, so long as you could tell them NOT to fire.

Yeah, didn't think about that.

What about if AI MGer was programed only to shoot out to a certain distance.

Downside bing that you could not use him to kill that ptsoldat off in the distance. You would have to use the turrent mg for that.

Upvote 0
GonzoX said:
Yeah, didn't think about that.

What about if AI MGer was programed only to shoot out to a certain distance.

Downside bing that you could not use him to kill that ptsoldat off in the distance. You would have to use the turrent mg for that.

Although basically it's a good idea to have AI on the machineguns. It would mean more stress on the server's resources though.
If you want to know what I'm on about, try a practice map with the maximum number of bots and you WILL see performance of your computer dropped compared to an online game.

Upvote 0
I have to say I like things the way they are. If you don't find you have a big advantage in a full tank you are not using team work well enough. Not to mention 90% of the random people that will jump in a tank with me don't have voice comms and will blindly charge towards enemy positions till we're dead. Nerfing solo tanks would be enough to make me, and I bet other people quit this game.

Upvote 0