• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Create Launcher for all three games. (RO2, RS, RS2)

What do you think of this idea?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Interesting

• Bad

• Total voters

NoLifeTricks

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 6, 2022
Creating a single game/launcher for all three games such as done with RO2 and RS will allow for a stronger player base across all three games. As others think the same, I personally like all three games but wish for a more thriving player base on the older games RO2 and RS. I'm sure the new players who recently got RS2 for free on epic games and are enjoying the game so far, would enjoy RO2 and RS as well. Perhaps some to even half of the RS2 players don't even know about the other two games, therefore wouldn't even think it's an option. Creating a single game/launcher for all three would negate this issue and possibly bring more revenue and exposure to the older games since RS2 is still doing alright for it's player base. A suggestion I and others would like to see including some people I've randomly chatted with either in game or through steam message. I think it was an awesome idea to integrate RS and RO2 together rather than creating a new game for it. This idea should be carried on to incorporate RS2 as well.

For this to gain more traction and possibly have a better chance at being looked at and taken seriously, please leave comments of anything such as "yes," "good idea," "agree," or any of your own thoughts. I'll have the notifications on and respond to players as needed. Going to attach a poll for those who don't want to reply.

While RO/RS are essentially "the same game base", Rising Storm 2 is not. Both the engine and the base game are different in ways that make that not possible.
Although it may require work, is it possible to create a launcher for the 3 games? I'm just throwing suggestions out because I would like to see RS and RO2 come back to life since their good games and people who appreciate RS2 would also appreciate them and be more willing to buy them without refunding if the game was too dead.

Upvote 0
Although it may require work, is it possible to create a launcher for the 3 games? I'm just throwing suggestions out because I would like to see RS and RO2 come back to life since their good games and people who appreciate RS2 would also appreciate them and be more willing to buy them without refunding if the game was too dead.
Short answer, no.
Long answer, yes, but not feasible.

It would take fully porting RO/RS to RS 2, or downporting RS 2 to RO/RS. This would likely take years of work for a team that doesn't at this time exist.

Upvote 0