• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Create Active Channel? VOIP

I figured it out
just use your player name as channel name, set password and give it to your buds.
This looks like it will work but havent had a chance to get a friend in game to try yet.
When I push talk however it shows this and not the "no active channel" message.

UPDATE:
tried this out with a bud still dont work

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nobody knows how to do this ( if ya can )

you can use your player name in default channel box and set a password to it
but how do others join that channel?

It would be great if ya could get all your friends on one channel to talk without everyone else listening in.

According to the balloon message it says " password for private chat room " ?

Upvote 0
Your best bet for something like private chat is really to go with teamspeak or ventrillo. The quality is usually a lot better since it's running on a different machine than the gameserver, which is already using much of its resources on the more taxing needs of the game.

Many of the public servers offer teamspeak/vent servers with such channels
-- check with your favorite servers' websites.

Upvote 0
Shadowman said:
Your best bet for something like private chat is really to go with teamspeak or ventrillo. The quality is usually a lot better since it's running on a different machine than the gameserver, which is already using much of its resources on the more taxing needs of the game.

Many of the public servers offer teamspeak/vent servers with such channels
-- check with your favorite servers' websites.
This is true, however, I found the VOIP quality to be excellent in ROOST.
And it allows you to speak on a public channel which is a really nice feature imo.

Upvote 0
Just to interject, Local VOIP is unreliable at this time, I've tested it on different servers with different people and at times it seems to work, others not.

So you cannot rely on Local. TeamSpeak or Ventrilo is probably your best bet. And you can (in TS anyway) use high-quality sound so that it sounds just as good if not better than the built-in VOIP in RO.

Upvote 0