• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Create A Match sucks

warmishfrog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 7, 2021
When I want to play with friends it is a literal nightmare trying to get into a nice private match with them. We have the option to sit and wait, twiddling our thumbs waiting for a game or Shuffle who the host is until we actually get a match. I don't understand how a game so refined in other aspects is so lack luster when it comes to basic game making. Why is there no LAN feature or even Peer to Peer?
It would be nice if "create a match" even worked consistently in the first place. The takeover feature seems convoluted at best and it doesn't make sense why that is the only way to make your own session without having to setup a server or use a 3rd party.

This comes from my frustration to not simply play even just one game with my friends so I hope you understand my perspective. It would be nice just to get some sort of explanation why things are the way they are.

Reactions: Jaki
Think about creating your own server using an old PC. Advantage is it doesn't cost anything except electricity and bandwidth. It really isn't that difficult and you have so many benefits including the best ping on the server. You have privileges like pass wording it for just friends or when the web gui returns with the next update you can establish house rules for team play and such if your server is open to the public. If you run windows 10 Pro you get the option of using the remote desktop server so you can control it from your regular pc so you don't need monitor, keyboard or mouse attached. If you don't have Pro you can run a third party app like Team Viewer to remotely control the PC.

Upvote 0
Well, you can always port forward and create your own server. And have lower pings while you play with your friend. There are tutorials on how to do it if you want to learn
why things are the way they are
Some games allow you to create a party with a low ping without having to port forward (COD BO3). But killing floor 2 isn't one of them.
So, traditionally you would need to create a new dedicated server to play with your friend in a private match.
Alternatively, you can search for servers and use takeover

Reactions: tunnelvision69
Upvote 0
Is it still true that a stand alone PC is needed (ignoring cloud option)? When I created my dedicated server years ago it was said that if you tried to host a server on your gaming PC that you would have a good experience but that any other players connecting to your server would not. I'm wondering if that still holds true as processor power and threading technology grow.

Upvote 0
Is it still true that a stand alone PC is needed (ignoring cloud option)? When I created my dedicated server years ago it was said that if you tried to host a server on your gaming PC that you would have a good experience but that any other players connecting to your server would not. I'm wondering if that still holds true as processor power and threading technology grow.
There's something called the ping, if people live around you they will get a good connection. if they're in another continent or something then they will not.
As simple as that, Try not to download anything or upload anything while hosting a server and everything should be fine.
This is the best tool to start a server, but you still need to port forward the correct ports from your router, it wouldn't take long though

Upvote 0