[Crash] Crashing Problem

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Xeltsek

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 21, 2011
Hi,

I recently bought this game on steam, and when i loaded it up for the first time, it worked fine, but I changed the resolution to a lower one and then i got a black screen and had to Ctrl +alt+del my way out of the game. Ever since then, I can load the game up, I see all the Logos at the start, but as soon as it gets to what i assume is the Main menu (Because the music starts playing) all i can see is the little Dwarf hand cursor, and nothing but a black screen behind it, and i have to Ctrl +alt+del again to end the game.

Basically I think what i need to do, is to get the game back to it's fresh install default settings, so that it starts up in the original resolution it was in when i first loaded it, but I am having trouble doing this.

What I have tried:

Un-installing the game and reinstalling it.
Un-installing steam completely including the registry entry and reinstalling it.
I even tried a system restore to several hours before i even installed the game and tried installing everything fresh.
Verifying the cache etc. and installing net framework and the other XM thing.

Any suggestions?

My specs are:-

Windows XP
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2CPUs)
1014MB RAM
Direct X 9.0c
Intel 82915G/GV/910GL 128.0 MB
SigmaTel Audio

If I can supply any more info please don't hesitate to ask, in the meantime I'll keep trying other routes,

Thanks.

Robin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2011
C:\Users\*youusername*\AppData\Roaming\Dwarfs delete the config file in this folder.
Then try starting the game agien.

Xeltsek

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 21, 2011
Just to say I managed to sort this, it was the graphics drivers. I have a dell system and dell's drivers are way out of date so I had to manually install a driver from a zip from Intels website, which got it working in any resolution and I haven't had a problem or a crash since.

I assumed my drivers were up to date as I had the latest one from Dell but I guess they weren't :p

Thanks for the help anyway,

Xelt