• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Crash to Desktop while fighting Barbara Terranova

Platform: PC (EGS)
Reproducible: yes

I had a blast playing through most of the Truth Quest DLC until I suddenly hit a snag while fighting Barbara Terranova.
I get her to show up and I can fight her, but I am unable to beat her, since the game consistently crashes during the fight.
Sometimes it takes 10 minutes, sometimes only a couple.
Game starts getting really choppy, then crashes to desktop.
Tried it about 5 times, then gave up.

Sent the bug report the game offered.

I have an i9, RTX2080Ti, 32 GB Ram, SSD - so the game is usually running consistently smooth.
No other bugs so far. This one is game breaking unfortunately, since I am unable to end the fight and advance.

Any tips? Do I just need to wait for a hotfix / patch?

[EDIT: spelling corrected]

Last edited:
Well, it got worse. I finished the story today, killed the big bad and thought I'd return for another go at it. Turns out now Terranova doesn't even show up anymore now. So no chance to complete this part of the game until Tripwire issues a patch.

It says she is "waiting for me" and to "complete missions", of which there aren't any left, so... well...

Oh, and destroying hunter boats does not have anymore effect. Doesn't raise my wanted level at all. I am at a a loss.

Last edited:
Upvote 0