• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Crash on startup after latest update

OMG this game is really unfinished! Same here crash at launch! :(
TWI should give beta to veteran players atleast half year earlier, so that at least biggest bugs or just game non-functionality problems would get solved!
Love TWI for making great games, but this launch is realy a mess. I would have no problem to play beta until release, even if at the end of 2011, or at start of 2012!

Upvote 0
I think what happened was there is a patch coming but it only sent out one file by accident and the rest of the files are needed to launch the game and are forthcoming. LOL

Just a guess

Anyway everyone go back out and verify game then run defrag and it will update again - just now I got another download.

Hey it's working again... WOOHOO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The reason WHY it crashes I think:-

The reason WHY it crashes I think:-

All launch.log states :

[0009.40] Critical: appError called: SHA Verification failed for '..\..\ROGame\CookedPC\Startup_POL.upk'. Reason: Bad hash
[0009.40] Critical: Windows GetLastError: Operacja ukoDczona pomy[lnie. (0)
[0009.40] Log: === Critical error: ===
SHA Verification failed for '..\..\ROGame\CookedPC\Startup_POL.upk'. Reason: Bad hash
Startup_POL.upk

The actual file Startup_POL.upk does not exist therefore the hash file cannot be checked and fails to launch...

In other words, someone did not test this before sending out or forgot to add the file into the upload :IS2:

-UPDATE-

The patch is being rolled back, ETA unknown:-

Source : Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/TripwireYoshiro

TripwireYoshiro Tripwire Interactive
Heads up, we had just rolled out a patch to fix the server browser crash. We are now rolling it back out. Some users are crashing with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
8<
[0009.40] Log: === Critical error: ===
SHA Verification failed for '..\..\ROGame\CookedPC\Startup_POL.upk'. Reason: Bad hash
8<
Let that be a leason to you kids. Only get your hash from reliable partners :D

On the serious side, TWI is aware of the issue. Give them a chance to fix it. Re-posting over and over again the same old, same old wont change anything.

If you've got a good joke though ... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
lol...few mins ago i noticed that another patch was downloaded, but still the game doesnt start :))))..but it crashes faster than earlier and launch.log and dump file are created, but file size is zero :))) it's empty..nice nice patch...

tripwire, why u released which wasnt tested properly? cmon..wt's now? weekend is comming and we cant use wt we paid for

Upvote 0
Honestly I'm surprised that Tripwire is even giving us patches. Everyone is being so unappreciative, if I was Trip, I would just say screw it and make you play the game as is.

Every major game developer ships a game and patches it maybe once or a twice, after that, it's up to you to deal with it.

How's about you stop taking everything for granted and appreciate the fact they are avidly patching and fixing things that need to be fixed and stop *****ing about every little detail?

Or you could just stop playing altogether, I'm sure the Call of Duty fanboys would love to have ya. I sure as hell don't.

Upvote 0
ok again

[0000.23] Init: Object subsystem initialized
[0000.25] DevDataBase: Connection to "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=production-db;Initial Catalog=EngineTaskPerf;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Connection Timeout=2" or "10.1.20.20" failed
[0000.36] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3
[0000.39] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED
[0002.98] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:RegisterLocalTalker
[0002.99] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:ResetStats
[0003.05] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:GetNumberOfCurrentPlayers
[0003.11] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:GetCurrentVOIPLevel
[0003.17] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO1License
[0003.17] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO2Preorder
[0008.19] Critical: appError called: SHA Verification failed for '..\..\ROGame\CookedPC\Startup_POL.upk'. Reason: Bad hash
[0008.19] Critical: Windows GetLastError: Operacja ukoDczona pomy[lnie. (0)
[0008.19] Log: === Critical error: ===

Address = 0x48c402 (filename not found) [in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

Upvote 0