[Crash] Crash on startup after latest update

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

mp3killer(SLO)

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2006
Slovenija
OMG this game is really unfinished! Same here crash at launch! :(
TWI should give beta to veteran players atleast half year earlier, so that at least biggest bugs or just game non-functionality problems would get solved!
Love TWI for making great games, but this launch is realy a mess. I would have no problem to play beta until release, even if at the end of 2011, or at start of 2012!

LordKhaine

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 19, 2005
UK
Crashes for me too. Corrupt u/l? wrong file u/led? Ah.. so many things to go wrong in the beautiful world of programming ;)

But no worries. I'll catch up a bit on FH2 while it gets sorted.

7-CLOWN-7

Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh
www.cellar-dweller.com
I think what happened was there is a patch coming but it only sent out one file by accident and the rest of the files are needed to launch the game and are forthcoming. LOL

Just a guess

Anyway everyone go back out and verify game then run defrag and it will update again - just now I got another download.

Hey it's working again... WOOHOO.

Last edited:

DodgeThis1986

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
The reason WHY it crashes I think:-

The reason WHY it crashes I think:-

All launch.log states :

[0009.40] Critical: appError called: SHA Verification failed for '..\..\ROGame\CookedPC\Startup_POL.upk'. Reason: Bad hash
[0009.40] Critical: Windows GetLastError: Operacja ukoDczona pomy[lnie. (0)
[0009.40] Log: === Critical error: ===
SHA Verification failed for '..\..\ROGame\CookedPC\Startup_POL.upk'. Reason: Bad hash
Startup_POL.upk

The actual file Startup_POL.upk does not exist therefore the hash file cannot be checked and fails to launch...

In other words, someone did not test this before sending out or forgot to add the file into the upload :IS2:

-UPDATE-

The patch is being rolled back, ETA unknown:-

Source : Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/TripwireYoshiro

TripwireYoshiro Tripwire Interactive
Heads up, we had just rolled out a patch to fix the server browser crash. We are now rolling it back out. Some users are crashing with it.

Last edited:

thommy-l

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 16, 2006
Stuttgart, Germany
8<
[0009.40] Log: === Critical error: ===
SHA Verification failed for '..\..\ROGame\CookedPC\Startup_POL.upk'. Reason: Bad hash
8<
Let that be a leason to you kids. Only get your hash from reliable partners :D

On the serious side, TWI is aware of the issue. Give them a chance to fix it. Re-posting over and over again the same old, same old wont change anything.

If you've got a good joke though ... :rolleyes:

Princess

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 10, 2011
I went & copied my folder in MYDOCUMENTS/MYGAME/UNREAL ENGINE 3 & placed it somewhere else....just in case. Went back and deleted that folder. Verified my game cache again and then tried to rejoin. It downloaded something and then I was able to launch the game.

Easyjet

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 14, 2010
Exact same **** here. My stats are also FUBAR (I've got 66 honour...what the flying ****?) and my in-game performance is far below what it should be.

DeeTee

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
Hang on. This seems to have screwed up for a lot of people. I don't think it's right that people asking about the problem get a sarcastic message from the president of the company. That's just rude.

noman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
lol...few mins ago i noticed that another patch was downloaded, but still the game doesnt start :))))..but it crashes faster than earlier and launch.log and dump file are created, but file size is zero :))) it's empty..nice nice patch...

tripwire, why u released which wasnt tested properly? cmon..wt's now? weekend is comming and we cant use wt we paid for

Stengah

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
Second ninja patch allows the game to load but crashes on loading a multiplayer map. Dump file attached.

:IS2:

Attachments

• unreal-v7258-2011.09.17-04.14.14.dmp
    376.3 KB · Views: 0

Fatalshott

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 13, 2011
Honestly I'm surprised that Tripwire is even giving us patches. Everyone is being so unappreciative, if I was Trip, I would just say screw it and make you play the game as is.

Every major game developer ships a game and patches it maybe once or a twice, after that, it's up to you to deal with it.

How's about you stop taking everything for granted and appreciate the fact they are avidly patching and fixing things that need to be fixed and stop *****ing about every little detail?

Or you could just stop playing altogether, I'm sure the Call of Duty fanboys would love to have ya. I sure as hell don't.

noman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
ok again

[0000.23] Init: Object subsystem initialized
[0000.25] DevDataBase: Connection to "Provider=sqloledb;Data Source=production-db;Initial Catalog=EngineTaskPerf;Trusted_Connection=Yes;Connection Timeout=2" or "10.1.20.20" failed
[0000.36] Log: Shader platform (RHI): PC-D3D-SM3
[0000.39] Log: PhysX GPU Support: DISABLED
[0002.98] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:RegisterLocalTalker
[0002.99] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:ResetStats
[0003.05] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:GetNumberOfCurrentPlayers
[0003.11] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:GetCurrentVOIPLevel
[0003.17] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO1License
[0003.17] Warning: Warning, Failed to load Outer for resource 'ReturnValue': Function OnlineSubsystemSteamworks.OnlineSubsystemSteamworks:HasRO2Preorder
[0008.19] Critical: appError called: SHA Verification failed for '..\..\ROGame\CookedPC\Startup_POL.upk'. Reason: Bad hash
[0008.19] Critical: Windows GetLastError: Operacja ukoDczona pomy[lnie. (0)
[0008.19] Log: === Critical error: ===

Address = 0x48c402 (filename not found) [in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\binaries\win32\rogame.exe]

SpecialS4uc3

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
Same issue, files verified, crash on startup.
Win 7 64 Ultimate
i7 950
GTX570 SLi
Latest drivers

EDIT: New patch allows the game to load, FPS seems to have fallen from 60 (vsync) to high 20s and the game crashes after loading a multiplayer map.

Last edited: