• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Counter strike: Global offensive

Current rumors-

• Planned to be released Q1 2012
  • Focuses on 5v5 competition
  • Press release within 24 hours from VALVe
  • Plays on an updated source engine
  • Individual & Team rankings
  • New Guns added
  • New Grenades
  • Dust & Aztec major revamp
  • Spamming still viable
  • Ammo is free

Updated rumor list:
  • "Air movement feels identical to CS: Source
  • Ladder movement feels the same as CS:S
  • Test servers are running tickrate33, so bunny hopping was inconsistent (presumably will be changed)
  • 1-shot kills with any weapon other than Desert Eagle currently too difficult to achieve; testers stressed that it needs to be tweaked
  • Flashes are similar to 1.6; Smoke grenades similar to CS:S"

Upvote 0
I will be looking forward to it. I use to play CS:S a lot. Had a lot of fun. I have not bothered installing it since I got this PC 2 1/2 years ago, so its been a while since I played it. Don't think I can go back though after playing RO...

I'll check it out though. If it turns out to be decent, I might get it. I was wondering if there was ever going to be a sequel.

Upvote 0
Meh. We played the old CS on Lans a lot. From 1.3 to 1.5, I think. Can't remember playing 1.6 much. Then CS:Source came out and I didn't care enough about it anymore to buy it.
I bought Half-life 2 though and CS:S came with it for free, so I am proud owner of CS:S.:) No one I know has it though and I don't care for playing it online so...

Can't say I care which CS version the new flashbangs are going to be modeled after and if the inevitable Dust and Atztec remakes change up the crates a bit or not... If those are the kind of changes that are being discussed I highly doubt the game is going to be very interesting for me. Don't care for CS:S, won't care for CS:S v1.5.
One thing I can say though is that the name "Global Offensive" sounds horrible.:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to the matchmaking/ladder system. Playing 4s with friends in SC2 or HoN is a lot of fun and right now theres not really a pc fps alternative. I hope the game is good enough to unite the css and 1.6 communities kind of like how sc2 united warcraft3, broodwar, command and conquer and relic rts players.

Reactions: Snuffeldjuret
Upvote 0
Counter-Strike is simply a fun game. Not necessarily good, nor bad, just entertaining. I played a lot of it, but in the past year or 2, I've only played the increasingly popular Gun Game mode...which is just a blast of chaotic fun =)

So what you're saying gun game mode for RO2? jk :D but seriously.... do it!

Bayonet charge at the start of the gun game mode. Is always more interesting than melee for the final stage.

Upvote 0
Looking forward to some screenshots to see how much similar to CSS it looks like. If there is no significant improvement, I can see all the competitive players staying on either 1.6 or CSS, as I don't think they'll like molotov and decoy grenades very much... That combined with a console release...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aat first I was rather enthusiastic about this, but as I read more and more about it my confidence wavered.

The line "CS: GO promises to expand on CS' award-winning gameplay and deliver it to gamers on the PC as well as the next gen consoles and the Mac" has put a large amount of doubt in my head.

Counter Strike Source was wrecked when it was moved onto the Orange Box engine so it would sell better for the Mac update. I hope they are writing a whole new engine, and this time I hope it actually works.

TF2 was wrecked because Valve has decided to milk their community for cash with gimmicky crap rather than focusing on the gameplay to deliver a solid product that pays for itself. With some of the new editions they show signs of filling game with a bunch of cheap tricks or noob friendly features because they sound "cool".

Releasing it for next gen consoles is never a good sign. Call Of Duty being a shining example of whats wrong with it.

Molotovs? Decoy Grenades? Free armour at the start of each round? 1 Player gets a free diffuse kit? Its just painful to read in places.

I hope I'm wrong, I really want this game to be top draw. Sadly I get the feeling the target audience isn't the classic Counter Strike players, I have a feeling its gonna contain a fair helping of "Making it more accessible to regular gamers" too.

Hopefully the pro players can shift the focus in the right direction, but I'm not holding my breath.

Upvote 0
CS:S was moved to the Orange Box engine? I didn't even notice.

Obviously there will be some changes though. My major concern with it going to consoles is that it will lower the amount of PC players.

I do hope it plays similar to CS:S (never played 1.6), and I also hope it is cheap. As much as I wouldn't mind getting an updated CS, I wouldn't pay $50 for such a game. Not with RO2 and BF3 coming out.

Upvote 0
CS:S was moved to the Orange Box engine? I didn't even notice.

Obviously there will be some changes though. My major concern with it going to consoles is that it will lower the amount of PC players.

I do hope it plays similar to CS:S (never played 1.6), and I also hope it is cheap. As much as I wouldn't mind getting an updated CS, I wouldn't pay $50 for such a game. Not with RO2 and BF3 coming out.

It'll probably be cheap ($10-15 range, since it will also be on XBLA and PSN) or launch with multiple games like Orange Box, so they can up the price.

Upvote 0