• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Contest: Name That Map!

-=}WoLvErInE{=-

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Chi-Town
www.wolvy.net
Hello Ladies and Gents,

So I started working on my first map for Killing Floor 2 about 2 weeks or so ago. The map is bit different than your ordinary France/European Urban Theme. It a tropical map. I was thinking of something along the lines of "Island of Dr. Moreau" when I started on this.

The map has 5 landmarks with some open and tight areas. Bit of everything.

I made this thread so I can get a good name to fit the map. Think of this as a contest....

The person with the best name will get credit for naming the map. How so, you might ask??? With a bad arse graffiti of your name splattered in minimum of 3 places.

So If anyone is interested, Please lets hear those names. I'm hoping for end of the month release. Below is screenshots of the map and some names already giving.

Dead Island (WIP Title)
Zed Island
Zed is Dead Island
Proving Ground <------ I like this so far.

Screenshots:
http://imgur.com/a/ASkjI

Lets hear them! :D

One idea i thought of was "whispering isles" and a description along with it.

This once quite set of islands became a noisy hive of activity for Horzine, the company dead set on making a hidden testing lab on the equator. Unfortunately for the local workers they were unaware of what was being transported until a containment breach set the zeds loose, turning the once innocent and peaceful set of islands into a killing ground. Now the islands are quiet again but Horzine doesn't want to take any chances and has chosen to send you in. Will you find a deserted island with your only company being the whispering of the wind or will you find that whispering coming from hidden zeds, waiting for new prey?

Upvote 0
"Ogygia", Calypso's island, which a Greek Hero Odysseus goes to in the poem "The Odyssey"
"Abandon Ship" The Horizone Squad finds their ship destroyed by the storm. Raging against the odds, the wind and the ruthless zeds, will the team fight hard enough for their life? Or will they end up victims of the maelstrom.
"Maelstrom" ^
And finally, "Stranded" The Team finds themselves once again in the clutches of Horizones failed attempts to isolate the Zed outbreak.

Anyway, the map looks great! I'll be looking forward to playing it!

Upvote 0
So far the naming theme of the three available maps are single words or word concepts (Outpost, Paris, Biotics Lab...ok 2 words for that last one but it's a singular concept in a sense). Also a theme thus far of locational naming.

Would be boring to just called it Island of course.

My thoughts move to "Lost World" or something like "Caja de Muertos" (It's an actual island, translates to "Coffin Island" or "Dead Man's Chest".

Upvote 0
Perhaps "ZEDS in Paradise".

Or perhaps you should include some Horizine background in this map. Perhaps there should be some kind of Horizine facility to be available as part of the playable map.

"Horizine Island"

Description: During Horizines early day's, secrecy was crucial to have their "projects" break ground, this remote island suited their needs. This was the sight of Horizine's first breakout but was successfully covered up by the corporation. Now come to the island and find the secrets of Horizine's first and previously unknown breakout as well as kill the islands Zed inhabitants.

Upvote 0