Constatnt Arty in Grain Elevator

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Dubzinator

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 8, 2011
So I jumped on last night for a few rounds and I noticed when playing Grain Elevator there was a constant barrage of arty in the Grain Elevator Building at the beginning of the match. I don't remember this barrage in the beta, or on release. Is this new?

Stupido

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 18, 2011
Yeah, I don't like how arty is something you use to spam and get kills in RO2, rather than in RO1, where you used it as tactical tool

skullman86

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 7, 2011
no it wasent. Maybe i is there now to make it harder to shoot from the 4th or 5th floor down.

Never noticed it until I played FF on it the other day, and this is the exact conclusion I came to. It's either a bug or a poor attempt at map balance.

Steezy_Six

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2011
United Kingdom
I remember when it first came out on the beta and didn't have the artillery, Axis didn't have a chance. The arty doesn't actually do much damage but it works on the 'psychological' level and prevents Allies from raining death from the higher floors.

Plus now all the holes in the walls and smoke look better too. Too bad real destruction isn't in the game.

skewp

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 13, 2011
Croatia
You know what I noticed while playing Grain Elevator?

Since I played the map a dozen times now on both sides I can't figure out 1 thing. When the map starts on German side, everyone runs for the Gate House from the spawn and is perfectly visible to the Russians on the windows of Grain Elevator, that happens wave after wave. However, whenever I choose to play as a Russian on that map I take my Mosin, get on the 2nd floor window which has a perfect line of sight towards the German spawn and the area through which I (and many more) allways run to reach the Gate House but somehow I NEVER see anyone running. It's as if the Germans have a cloaking device.

Now that I think of it. I never got shot from any of those windows while running for the Gatehouse as a German either...something is terribly wrong here.

Reactions: Richey79

Krobar

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 11, 2011
The sewers of Leningrad.
You know what I noticed while playing Grain Elevator?

Since I played the map a dozen times now on both sides I can't figure out 1 thing. When the map starts on German side, everyone runs for the Gate House from the spawn and is perfectly visible to the Russians on the windows of Grain Elevator, that happens wave after wave. However, whenever I choose to play as a Russian on that map I take my Mosin, get on the 2nd floor window which has a perfect line of sight towards the German spawn and the area through which I (and many more) allways run to reach the Gate House but somehow I NEVER see anyone running. It's as if the Germans have a cloaking device.

Now that I think of it. I never got shot from any of those windows while running for the Gatehouse as a German either...something is terribly wrong here.

Uh oh.

I know what you mean 4th floor I don't see as much as I think I should.

StaIin1878

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2011
Its really quite hard to shoot the Nazis from the spawn when your in the elevator, you are at a bad angle and they have a short crossing. Its better being up there once they enter the courtyard. Its annoying when the Nazis keep climbing up the ladder though.