• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console cross-play

I think i remember at one point, Tripwire mentioned that KF2 was "balanced differently" on consoles. My first thought is that KF2 on consoles has a lower quantity of zeds but mediums and larges have increased health to compensate.
It was at one point, but I believe the balance has since been merged.

Upvote 0
I don't think PC players would like cross play. I play on both PS4 and PC and on PS4, people do things routinely that would tick off the PC players. Selling someone's weapons is a more common occurrence compared to PC, trolling is more prevalent...also, you can't send text messages on PS4 nor do they have a server browser (only matchmaking) so people coming in during late waves at the last minute and up the zed count is also more common.

Upvote 0
I don't think PC players would like cross play. I play on both PS4 and PC and on PS4, people do things routinely that would tick off the PC players. Selling someone's weapons is a more common occurrence compared to PC, trolling is more prevalent...also, you can't send text messages on PS4 nor do they have a server browser (only matchmaking) so people coming in during late waves at the last minute and up the zed count is also more common.
You are 100% correct here, someone had to state the obvious. The playing field would become unlevel in a major way if cross-play with the consoles were implemented, PCs and consoles provide waaaay too different to fairly reconcile them both in 1 game.

Upvote 0