• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console commands?

-Most Console Commands-

RO Specific console commands:
Listplayers (gives a list of players on the server with their hash id's default ut2004 listplayers only gave player names with a number)
Admin Restartgame (starts the game up again without having to reload the map)

Cheat Codes:

CHEATSENABLED - (Allows cheating commands in single-player mode but disables unlocking characters from being obtained}
ALLAMMO
ALLWEAPONS
FLY
GHOST - (no clip basically)
GOD
LOADED - (Bestows all weapons, ammo, and 100 adrenaline)
TELEPORT - (Teleports you to wherever your crosshair is pointing)
WALK - (Stops FLY or GHOST command and drops you to the ground)

Player/Bot Commands:

ADDBOTS [number]
BEHINDVIEW 1 - (Changes to 3rd perspective view)
BEHINDVIEW 0 - (Changes to 1st person view)
DISCONNECT - (Disconnects from current server)
EXIT - (Quits the game)
KILLBOTS
OPEN [IP adress] - (Connects to a specific server IP)
QUIT - (Quits the game)
RECONNECT
SWITCHLEVEL [mapname]
SWITCHTEAM
SUICIDE
TEAMSAY [text] - (Displays your message in team chat)
PLAYERSONLY - (Freezes/pauses the Bots)
SAY [text] - (Displays your message in global chat)
SETNAME [playername]
SET INPUT [key] [command] - (Binds a key to a command such as "SET INPUT L LOADED")

Statistics

MEMSTAT - (Displays Windows memory usage)
STAT ALL - (Shows all stats)
STAT AUDIO - (Shows audio stats)
STAT FPS
STAT GAME - (Displays game stats)
STAT HARDWARE - (Shows hardware stats)
STAT NET - (Shows network game play stats)
STAT NONE - (Turns off all stats)
STAT RENDER - (Displays rendering statistics)

Demo Commands

DEMOPLAY [demoname]
DEMOREC [demoname]
STOPDEMO

Admin Commands

ADMIN SWITCHLEVEL [mapname?game= gametype?mutator= mutator] - (Changes the current level to the specified level, game type, and mutators)
ADMIN [command] - (to use other commands not in this section)
ADMINLOGIN [password] - (Logs the administrator onto the server using the specified password)
ADMINLOGOUT
ADMIN SET UWeb.Webserver bEnabled True - (Enables the remote admin check your redorchestra.ini file UWeb.Webserver is the header, bEnabled is the setting, and True is the value this can be used to change any INI file setting while ingame)
ADMIN KICK [playername]
ADMIN KICKBAN [playername]
ADMIN RESETGAME (resets the map to beginning values)
ADMIN RESTARTMAP (completely reloads the map up again)
LISTPLAYERS (gives a list of all players with hash id and player number to kick someone with a weird name you can use admin kick 2, if the number of the annoying person is 2)

Other Commands

BRIGHTNESS [number] - (Changes the brightness level to a specified number)
CDTRACK [number] - (Plays the specified CD track number)
CONFIGHASH - (Displays configuration info)
CONTRAST [number]
DEBUG CRASH - (Tests crashes the game with an error)
DEBUG EATMEM - (Tests memory allocation until full)
DEBUG GPF - {Tests crashes the game with a general protection fault error)
DEBUG RECURSE - (Tests crashes the game by infinite recursion)
DUMPCACHE - (Displays the memory cache contents)
EXEC [filename] - (Executes a file in the UT2003/system/ directory by default)
FLUSH - (Flushes all cache and relights)
FOV [number] - (Changes the field of view to the specified number)
FIXEDVISIBILITY - (For testing your own level. Fixes the engine's visibility from your current point of view. You can walk around and see what exactly is being drawn, check that antiportals are working,etc.Enter it again to turn it off)
GAMMA [number]
GETCOLORDEPTHS - (Displays the maximum color depth supported by your hardware)
GETCURRENT COLORDEPTHS - (Displays your current color depth)
GETCURRENTRES - (Displays your current resolution)
GETCURRENT TICKRATE - (" " tick rate)
GETMAXTICKRATE - (Displays the maximum allowed tick rate)
MUSICORDER [number] - (Change to a current track in the song (0=ambient, 1=action, 2=suspense))
NETSPEED [number] - (Sets the net speed, default is 10,000)
OBJ CLASSES - (Displays a list of object classes)
OBJ GARBAGE - (Collects and purges objects no longer in use)
OBJ HASH – (Displays object hashing statistics)
OBJ LINKERS – (Displays a list of active linkers)
PAUSESOUNDS – (Pauses all sounds)
PREFERENCES – (Opens advanced settings)
RELAUNCH – (Relaunches the engine)
RENDEREMULATE [gf1/gf2] – (Lets you see how your level will look on different cards (e.g., if some of your shaders are to complicated and don’t have fallbacks))
REPORT – (Copies a report of the current game to clipboard)
SET [class variable value] – (Sets a specified class and specified variable with the specified value)
SETSENSITIVITY [number]
SETRES [WxHxD] – (Sets your screen resolution to the specified width, height, and color depth)
SLOMO 1 – (Sets the speed of the game back to normal speed)
SLOMO 2 – (Sets speed to double, Increase number to go faster)
SLOMO .5 – (Sets speed to half, Decrease to go slower)
SOCKETS – (Displays a list of sockets in use)
TOGGLEFULLSCREEN – (Toggles full screen mode)
TOGGLE SCREENSHOTMODE – (Removes all HUD for screenshot taking)
REMOVEHUD - (Also removes the HUD)
FREECAMERA [number] – (Allows you to move camera around player)
TYPE [text]
UNPAUSESOUNDS
MUTATE [mutator command here]

Spawn weapons/vehicles

Spawn Redeemer: summon xweapons.redeemerpickup (obviously there is no redeemer in ro but you can change it to one of ro's weaponry)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I use the add bot function on the AE server quite a bit because it works tremendously well with getting pubbers in there to fill the server.

However.. I hate having to manually add bots every time the map changes.

Is there a way to set a default number of bots? So that there are this many bots, AUTOMATICALLY, in there every time the map is changed.

Upvote 0
Hey Zets, sorry for bumping a two year thread. Found this through google and I was hoping you or someone could help out here. I'm trying to host a server through hamachi so me and my friends can do a few games where it's just us versus a number of bots on the other team. Is there a console command that forces bots to join a specific team each map load? Hope I get a response and if this info was elsewhere well, I didn't see it. :p

Upvote 0
Remember that even through hamachi all players and the server needs to be connected through steam (otherwise you get kicked). The normal lan functionality has been ripped out of RO I believe (At least the case in KF), due to a version that appeared on torrent sites.

Anyway haven't been in KF for quite a while, have you tried the minplayers command upon servertravel

so login as admin (check the default Redorchestra.ini for the admin password steam/steamapps/common/Red Orchestra/system/RedOrchestra.ini under engine.accesscontrol set the adminpassword)

or open the console and type:
set Engine.AccessControl Adminpassword 1234

this generates an admin password (you probably dont need it if you play on the same server but if you run a dedi this is kinda handy to have type that before you start the server.

You should be able to change map using servertravel

On dedi server
adminlogin 1234
admin servertravel RO-Odessa?minplayers=32

On local server
servertravel RO-Odessa?minplayers=32

this should start the game with 32 bots if I recall (minnetplayers sets the minimum of actual human players, and minplayers sets the amount of bots needed. But i believe when starting a server you should be able to find bots somewhere in the hosting options as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well let me clear a few things up and hopefully you'll have an idea of what the problem is. All of my friends own Ostfront on Steam as do I, we're using hamachi to connect to each other as if the server was lan. So I use the host game option to host it, setting it to a lan server. My friends can join and I can add bots with the addbots command as well as set the password and admin password as well as login as an admin. We do have to be using hamachi of course.

Now the problem is that I don't know how to force the bots to join the other team, I can addbots but they join both teams, I can't kick specifc bots only all of them, and setting the option in game settings for players versus bots limits the number of bots to the number of players. Adding more leads to them getting kicked automatically immediately. So there's no way for me to actually allow me and my friends to go up against a few bots unless the number is equal to us; in this case three, which isn't really a tough fight.

I think if I read what you wrote right, I've been doing what you've told me only in different ways. For adding bots I've just used addbots, for switching levels I used admin switchlevel, for the admin password I just set that in the game settings...

I haven't tried the ?minplayers= command yet with the option players versus bots enabled though, so I'll give that a shot and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the response.

Oh and as a side note, if you're wondering why we're doing this it's because we did and do similar stuff in other games like putting some bots on normal and then using a ton of them versus the few of us. Makes for some fun times. Hopefully can figure this out for ROOST and then maybe try it out with RO2. Anyways cheers Zets.

Upvote 0
I know this is super old but is there a way to cap points with a console command? It's pretty time consuming playing through 12 caps just to test the last one.

Also god mode doesn't seem to work for me. I type cheatsenable then God but I still die.

edit; I mean 'enablecheats' not 'cheatsenable'

Last edited:
Upvote 0