• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

connection failure?

GonzoX

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 6, 2006
home.roadrunner.com
Been playing retail box version just fine for about two days and now this afternoon I get a connectin failure message on all servers.

Not only that but when I try to exit the game I also get the "connection failure" message. So the only way to shut the game down is to do the old "cntrl-alt-delete" thing to close the app that way.

Love the game but Im finding more and more bugs and it's starting to get frustrating.:mad:

Why do I feel like STEAM is causing this problem?

To quote the Fix found here: http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2924

1. Exit Red Orchestra
2. Go to Steam -> Files -> Change User
3. Steam will warn you, ignore and just hit 'Log out...'
4. Log back in when steam offers you a Log in screen
5. Launch Red Orchestra

This thread is specifically pointed to on the Home Page of this website. This is the very first "fix" found in this topic, too. The announcement says:
===============================================
If you are having problems with your copy of Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, please read this!
The first place to look is in this forum thread on "known issues". The first post lists the current known issues and the ways to deal with them - please check here first! CLICK HERE.
If the answer for your problem isn't there, please ensure that it isn't a Steam issue - head for www.steampowered.com if it is and to Valve's support line.
If it is an issue with Ostfront, or you just want to discuss options, details or about playing the game, please jump onto IRC - we can be found in #redorchestra on Gamesurge. We are also operating a channel called #rohelp.

Discuss this article in the Forum!
==================================================

Not hard to find......

Upvote 0
Actually it is hard to find depending on what you are searching for.

In my case all I could see is "connection failure" and a search for that turned up zero.

It was not after clicking on "join game" a million times that I could finally read the error message that preeceded it as it would only flash on the screen for 1/2 second.

I do appreciate your help but I want to make clear that I am very much aware of the search enging here and that is the first thing I did.

A second search for the first and almost unseen error message (incompatible version etc) turned up what I needed as expected.

I think there are way to many assumptions here and that leads to missunderstandings as far as asking for help goes.

Upvote 0