• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Connecting hang problem

Raico12

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
Yes i am fully aware of the thread above that offers a fix on the connecting screen hang however i tried that, only to receive another error which prevents me from playing in any server something about an engine mismatch or such therefore i think the above post should say somewhere that its not currently working after the recent 1014 update. is there anyone that knows about this problem or could perhaps help? Uninstalling steam and killing floor seemed to work but if i leave the server and try to rejoin (any) server its an utter failure. Deleting the .blob file doesn't fix my problems either. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. EDIT: also a little bit of extra information. This problem occurred after testing a few maps i had just downloaded. I was testing them by hosting a server and playing on it for a little bit before disconnecting. then when i tried to join a server i was stuck at the index.rom screen forever. second EDIT: Uninstalling and reinstalling Killing floor solves the problem ONCE. i can join a server if i leave and try to join any other however i get the same problem

Last edited: