• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Concept/WIP] Alien Swarm UT24k mode for KF

You've made a good start. I used to enjoy the first one and then the Source release so it'll be interesting to see where you go with this.

To help you along I fixed a couple of the bigger problems with your assault rifle, I've included the source code in the package.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x7erwlukfbd4fu2

Changes V2
-Removed M41A Dependencies
-Fixed Shell Emitters, 1st & 3rd.

A lot of problems come from names not matching up, so just keep an eye things like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
nice drone ! I don't know about its size though, i find it a little too big .. maybe 70-80% of the current size should be better..

They're actually smaller than their actual size. The drones in Alien Swarm 2k4 are actually as big, if not bigger, than the armored marines. Makes them more scary I guess.

You've made a good start. I used to enjoy the first one and then the Source release so it'll be interesting to see where you go with this.

To help you along I fixed a couple of the bigger problems with your assault rifle, I've included the source code in the package.

[url]http://www.mediafire.com/?x7erwlukfbd4fu2[/URL]

Changes V2

A lot of problems come from names not matching up, so just keep an eye things like that.

That's darn nice of you. Very much appreciated. Never really knew how to fix that shell emitter.

I'll update the OP with this. :D

Upvote 0
I hope I didn't skip that information somehow, but what are you currently working on? What's your priority list? Ofc if I may know... :p

Currently working on? mostly just skins and ports for my friends.

Shot00147-1.jpg

Shot00147-2.jpg

Unrelated to the topic. xD

Also doing some LOTD characters for Valken. Might have something up by the weekend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
also unrelated to topic ;)

But the question is... do you have an APE suit?

Shot00153.jpg

No self-respecting marine would knowingly go toe-to-toe with xenomorphs and facehuggers without this wonderful piece of cutting edge acid-proof technology! Also doubles as a prime choice for firebugs and berserkers with its flame-retardant fabric and armor plating!

I kid, I kid. Very very high def marine, hemi. Way more detailed than my lowly AVP2 ports... Would totally run like ****e on my laptop (it's old, what can I say?) xD

Upvote 0

http://www.mediafire.com/?x7erwlukfbd4fu2

Changes V2

I tested this version my usual way - solo - sandbox - suicidal - god mode - infinite ammo and no reload mutators.

Ironsite is broking for some reason. Cannot aim down the barrel. The bullet ejection is awesome with infinite ammo, no reloading. Muzzle flash is very good. Grenade launch is still good.

There are still sound issues in first person. It is muffled yet third person works fine. Compare it to any TWI weapon.

I would advise to look into mainly Ironsite and Re-sighting the shoot from hip position. It should move more to the right since the "handle" is so big is blocks the view down the barrel. If you compare it any of TWI's assault rifle hip position, you will understand.

I think the 3rd person player gun model is fine. Nice size and menacing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tested this version my usual way - solo - sandbox - suicidal - god mode - infinite ammo and no reload mutators.

Ironsite is broking for some reason. Cannot aim down the barrel. The bullet ejection is awesome with infinite ammo, no reloading. Muzzle flash is very good. Grenade launch is still good.

There are still sound issues in first person. It is muffled yet third person works fine. Compare it to any TWI weapon.

I would advise to look into mainly Ironsite and Re-sighting the shoot from hip position. It should move more to the right since the "handle" is so big is blocks the view down the barrel. If you compare it any of TWI's assault rifle hip position, you will understand.

I think the 3rd person player gun model is fine. Nice size and menacing.
I could easily help the author with this all. If you want some help, PM me and i'll give you a step by step for whatever fix or something.

Upvote 0
As I've said before, most of the stuff is on hold. I've got the IAF autogun rigged up to the flamethrower anims but the coding part is still messing with me. I've also got a sentry gun model test up using the Portal Turret mod as a base but I haven't asked permission to use it yet. xD

In the meantime, I've been rigging some models for custom characters, weapons and specimens in order to practice weighting and such. A good buddy of mine lent me his copy of AVP3 and I managed to port several of the marines to KF.

@Flux: Thanks for the offer. That'd be a big help. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0